Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kahlua
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2013, 3:16 am

I cannot stand the dry texture of tinned tuna, and the dry texture of chicken breast.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 4:27 am

I strongly dislike the texture of toung, - that spungy, rubbery, dead sensation, - not to mention the smell.
I absolutely adore vanilla creme and whipped cream on a crisp crust.

azaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jun 2013, 6:39 am

I dislike the texture of crispy chicken. I like grilled chicken. End of story.

SaveTigers
Raven
Raven

03 Jun 2013, 7:50 am

I can't stand the feel of okra! It's mucusy! Why would a vegetable have mucus? Gross.
I like pretty much every other food (except meat, 'cause I'm a vegetarian).

dottsie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jun 2013, 11:28 am

I can't stand the texture of any fruits or vegetables. It kinda limits my options.

But I absolutely love melty mozzarella cheese, like on pizza. It's the best part :D

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 11:49 am

bread that has been squashed and beaten up.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 12:10 pm

Like - Yoplait yogurt whips. They are fluffy to the touch, and I buy them whenever I can.

Dislike - Fried chicken. It is so greasy to me; I always avoid eating the skin and just eat the meat.

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 12:48 pm

Fruit. All of it. Citrus fruit. Apple and apple-similar fruit. Berries. Bananas. Tomatoes. Pineapple. Several types of vegetables as well; mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots, sprouts. All of it.

That is entirely a texture issue. I have no problem drinking fruit juices so long as there isn't any pulp in the mixture. This was a nutrition problem for me as a child. I had to take vitamin supplements because of the long list of things I would refuse to eat. I am okay with most vegetables as an adult now, but fruit remains off limits for me. I don't even like watching other people eat fruit.

edit--- forgot to put a like texture: I love crispy things. Potato and corn chips. Fresh baked cookies that are crisp on the outside and soft fluffy on the inside. Omelette's made in the french style (very high heat very short cooking time- very soft and just slightly running on the inside). Toasted naan bread.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 1:04 pm

Like: Crispy, crunchy, savory things like the hard melted cheese on the sides of a cheese bun, or fries that are the skinniest and therefore extra crisp or well done tempeh (basically veggie bacon made of soy).

Dislike: cold, watery, crunchy vegetables like cucumber, celery, iceberg lettuce and tomatoes.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 1:06 pm

Forbidden_Donut wrote:

love the texture of over-done/slightly-burnt cheese on top of pizza; used to pick it off and save it for last as a kid 8)

YUM. :D

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 1:28 pm

Dislike - the texture of dried fruits (including raisins)all shriveled and soft and sticky, the texture of peanut butter ,sticky and thick, the texture of cold cuts (lunch meats) and smoked salmon , slimy ,and cold and yucky, canned fish like tuna , soft and slimy and cold and stringy and yucky with a smell that makes me sick, celery and iceberg lettuce , cold , wet, juicy , stringy (in the case of celery, big tomatoes (I like the little grape and cherry ones), juicy and wet and soft, roast beef and rare steaks (soft and unidentifiably yucky), any meat that's rare or fatty , self explanatory, eggs that are AT ALL runny (runny, slimy), soggy cereal or bread (soggy).

Likes, the texture of strawberries, fried small bits of chicken and veggies like broccoli, sweet peas, carrots, cheese fried on things, pasta, cookies (chocolate chip or oatmeal) -I also like them chewy in the middle and crispy on the edges as someone else says, I only like fresh baked ones not the boxed cookies, probably lots more.

mackico
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jun 2013, 4:37 pm

I really like the texture of mushrooms.

I hate the texture of beans, lentils, chickpeas, pretty much all legumes.

Most of the time I can deal with other textures, even if I don't particularly like them, although I do have a lot of issues with flavour, so there are a whole lot of other foods that I will not touch because of taste issues.

ilkhanid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jun 2013, 5:51 pm

I am fine with most foods but I have an aversion to onions that is off the scale. They are-to me-the must foul, hideous vegetables in the world. I dislike their appearance, I hate their taste to the point of nausea,I dislike their smell and I detest their texture;that horrible slimy texture,more than anything in the world. If I detect them in food, the meal is ruined. No cook, I mostly eat ready meals and they are in three-quarters of everything which really limits my options.

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 6:04 pm

ilkhanid wrote:
I am fine with most foods but I have an aversion to onions that is off the scale. They are-to me-the must foul, hideous vegetables in the world. I dislike their appearance, I hate their taste to the point of nausea,I dislike their smell and I detest their texture;that horrible slimy texture,more than anything in the world. If I detect them in food, the meal is ruined. No cook, I mostly eat ready meals and they are in three-quarters of everything which really limits my options.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean about that. For me, if there is pineapple on a pizza or pickles in a hamburger, that pizza and hamburger respectively are inedible for me. Picking them off doesn't help. There is still that pineapple/pickle flavour present which taints the rest of the food. Pineapples and pickles are on the short list of things I found both texturally foul and gustatorily unpalatable. :?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 6:20 pm

whatever meal somebody cooks olives in, it is ruined for me.

NEtikiman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 6:21 pm

I love the way a creamy soup (like tomato bisque) feels, but I hate things that "explode" when I chew it (especially peas) or has a styrofoam texture (like raw mushrooms).