Post your Aspie data crunching habits...

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 12:41 pm

youknowandy wrote:
StarTrekker wrote:
...Tonight I learned that humans owe their existence to a hippo-like half-mammal-half-reptile called lystrosaurus, which was the only surviving link to mammals to make it through the permean extinction where 95% of life died out.
thank God for the lystrosaurus.

More like thank evolution :D

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

megocode3
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jun 2013, 5:37 pm

publicist wrote:
I've heard Autistic folks really enjoy phone books because of the data so I'm assuming my dictionary thing is related to being an Aspie.

When I was younger I spent countless hours reading phonebooks. I haven't seen a phonebook in years now. I guess it's easier for people to just "Google" the number now. I spent a fair amount of time with Dictionaries too.

RaspberryFrosty
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jun 2013, 5:55 pm

marisabia wrote:
one of my more recent obsessions is crochet, which i taught myself, thanks to you tube, and especially crocheting hats of which I've made close to 100. I will spend hours at work, when we have downtime looking for patterns.
i taught myself how to sew (before youtube)and make tribal belly dance costumes, yes i too can dance,another one of my talents, anyways i formed an obsession with the beautiful tiered over 10 yards at the bottom skirts and make them out of recycled vintage saris.
i spent a few years reading only mythology, which i've been thinking of taking up again now that i know more about symbology,another one of my obsessions

Yay, I'm not the only one likes to crochet these days. My friend taught me how to crochet. Lol.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 7:07 pm

I read the yellow pages for four hours straight in the hotel room while waiting for my roomies to come back from a shopping trip (I hate shopping with friends) Out-aspie me! :lol:
I spend a lot of time reading about obscure topics like Salter-Harris fractures and stuff. I have a Merck Manual which I read and reread, over and over again.
I hate Chinese dictionaries. Never read them. But I do read biology dictionaries and English dictionaries.
Don't get me started with wikipedia...and about.com...and everything else on the Internet.

Last edited by jamieevren1210 on 17 Jun 2013, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 9:16 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suazwrc2RPU[/youtube]
(warning, it's kind of blinky)