Could you describe your religious beliefs?

Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 1:09 am

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
My beliefs are theistic, but I am opposed to religion. Sure, go ahead and believe (or not) in whatever god(s) you choose (or not). Stop trying to convince me that I'm a bad person who is going to Hell just because I don't follow your subjective interpretations of whatever mythologies you consider "Holy".
Well blow me down! you are the last person I expected to be religious Fnord :o

I am NOT religious.
cyberdad wrote:
I'm curious how a sceptic like yourself believes in a big hairy old man who on a whim decided to create the earth in 7 days?

I'm curious why my theistic beliefs should matter to anyone else.

Aologies, I mean't belief in a deity. I don't normally intrude on people's beliefs but I was struck how a self declared skeptic can believe in a deity?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 7:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
My beliefs are theistic, but I am opposed to religion. Sure, go ahead and believe (or not) in whatever god(s) you choose (or not). Stop trying to convince me that I'm a bad person who is going to Hell just because I don't follow your subjective interpretations of whatever mythologies you consider "Holy".
Well blow me down! you are the last person I expected to be religious Fnord :o

I am NOT religious.
cyberdad wrote:
I'm curious how a sceptic like yourself believes in a big hairy old man who on a whim decided to create the earth in 7 days?

I'm curious why my theistic beliefs should matter to anyone else.

Aologies, I mean't belief in a deity. I don't normally intrude on people's beliefs but I was struck how a self declared skeptic can believe in a deity?

You don't mean "belief in a deity", yet you question someone else's "belief in a deity" ... ?

1. You are making no sense.
2. My story is a long story.
3. You obviously wouldn't understand.
4. Forget about it.

:roll: Asked. Answered. Move on.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 1:43 pm

JonAZ wrote:
I am getting some mixed messages on the issue of religious beliefs. On the one hand, deeply spiritual people frequently seem to demonstrate deep autistic perception. We read the mythology of these spiritually endowed people who go off into the desert for weeks on end. This seems to be at the very heart of the experience of deep autistic perception. Paradoxically, persons with autism seem far more likely to be atheistic.

Please tell me about your religious beliefs. In addition, please tell me if anything that I stated above is in error.

tat tvam asi

neti neti

Non-dualism