Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 7:10 am

Everyone in my family were vaccinated with the MMR one, including me, but I'm the only one who has AS.

But the strangest thing is, my mum has always kept a diary, and so one night we were going through some of them together and came across her diary of 1991. I was 1 that year, and had my MMR injection. And then I saw that my mum kept putting that I was crying, every day since the injection, where as before I had the injection I didn't cry much to speak of. My mum says I cried like an average baby, but she never wrote it down because it's normal for babies to cry, but I must have cried a lot more after the injection, if she kept writing it down. Even 6 months later I still cried more than I used to. I'm not saying Autism makes the child cry more, but it's funny how my baby personality suddenly changed literally straight after the injection.

But it might just be a coincidence.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 7:18 am

Against what?

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jul 2013, 8:00 am

Andrew Wakefield is no better than a criminal for what he did in claiming a link between AS and MMR. He has in fact been struck off the medical register in the UK as a result of investigations into his behaviour in this case.

Those Investigations revealed that he only made his claims after being paid to do so by a law firm. The entire 'research' project was paid for by this law firm, to provide evidence for those same lawyers to claim damages from the NHS. This is classed as unethical in the UK medical establishment (I don't know about America, but I suspect it is the same).

Some of those involved in the research project came out publicly, and said that Wakefield had heavily massaged the figures and even falsified some evidence in order to provide the law firm with the results they wanted :twisted:

Quite apart from the continuing debate about the supposed link between ASD and the MMR jab, we are now starting to see resurgences of diseases that had been practically wiped out.

Oh and to answer the original question, I was born in 1962, so had the old individual injections, not MMR, as did my brother who was born a year later. I have ASD, and as far as I know my brother doesn't.

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 8:08 am

I was vaccinated, but back in my days doctors were much more conservative on the timetable for how many shots and how often they were given. So, the claims made today would be less likely for someone of my generation. I recall having no odd reactions to any of the vaccinations I received.

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 2:56 pm

I only had the whooping cough vaccine which my mum thought for 36 years after that I had brain damage after it. The others my two brothers and sister was vaccinated. That was the only vaccine I had. I didn't have the childhood vaccines the other children were having the BCG for tuberculosis or the Salk sugar cube for polio. I didn't have those and my mum said a doctor recommended that I was to have no more vaccines. More than likely looking back on I think, it my mum and the doctors in the 1960s would have preferred it if I died from a vaccine preventable illness it sounded like it. There may have been autism in the family on both my mum and dad's side of the family. I believe it was just a coincidence that I was autistic the brain damage was just the delusions and incompetent misdiagnosis of a narcissistic pair of parents just to play up for sympathy. :idea:

byakuugan
Raven
Raven

27 Mar 2018, 3:59 pm

I've never had any vaccines, and I'm autistic.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 5:09 pm

I had traits showing up before vaccines, and likely inherited it from my parents.

My brother has some traits, but could almost pass for NT.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 5:12 pm

I've had all the standard vaccinations, I think, and am autistic, but then again, my NT brother got all the same ones I did.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 5:16 pm

Yes I was vaccinated back when people might have been as stupid and paranoid as they are now about modern medicine. Of course as a child I hated needles and feared them worse than the illnesses they prevent like most children do, but when I got older and was more educated about how vaccines protect you, I know it was a good thing to get them.

I also get a flu shot in the fall. I'm not that likely to have serious complications from influenza, but there's always a chance someone who is could catch it from me. I know it's not 100% effective but it's better than nothing. And besides I just don't want to get the flu because it's more debilitating than a cold and can cause gastrointestinal symptoms. :(

But it really bothers me when people say they can't miss school or work when they have the flu or even a bad cold. You NEED to stay home and rest because not only are you contagious and could give everyone else your illness, but you could end up getting sicker. A person's health should always come first, and when they do get sick everything that can be done to make their recovery as pleasant as possible should be done. It's sad and aggravating that missing a week of school is going to make you a future ditch digger.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 7:00 pm

If I didn't get vaccinated as a kid, I'd sue my parents for malpractice.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 7:32 pm

I was. People hadn’t yet come up with this idea of blaming something as dreadful as autism on vaccines or the determination that their own children are better off dead than autistic, at least to my knowledge. As a consequence, we suffered from that pesky herd immunity thing getting in the way of natural selection. It’s fortunate that nowadays people are slowly but surely waking up from the folly of medical science and returning to the natural order of things that God, in His infinite wisdom, had established. It’s clearly an irresponsible disservice to the gene pool to artificially save people with naturally weak immune systems when you can let them die and save precious resources to be used by their tougher brethren and sistren.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 7:34 pm

Everyone in my family, including me, were vaccinated and I'm the ONLY one with an ASD.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 7:35 pm

Frankly, if people would stop getting vaccinated, we would revert back to the times when people died of things like Scarlet Fever.

An extremely bad idea-----not getting vaccinated.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 9:23 pm

I was vaccinated, and I am still vaccinated (given the influenza shot every year). I think it can really seem to some people as though vaccines cause autism, especially with all the anti-vax stories out there of typically developing children who it seems suddenly "became autistic" overnight, but I have a theory for this. There hasn't been a load of research into this topic, and I am no expert, but I don't believe parents are 'entirely' wrong when it comes to harmful effects of vaccines. I, however, do not believe that vaccines cause autism, as in, autism spectrum disorder, and this myth has been debunked time and time again. Unfortunately, a disease that looks a great deal of a lot like autism can crop up around the same time after receiving the MMR vaccine in particular.

This is just my personal opinion, but I believe that many, if not most of the cases involving regressive autism (after receiving MMR) are actually due to a mitochondrial disease. Mitochondrial diseases are a group of diseases in which the mitochondria (powerhouse of the cell) cannot efficiently turn oxygen and sugar into energy, which leads to cells not working correctly. Not everyone with one of these diseases will show symptoms. The group of mitochondrial diseases that tend to affect children usually appear with symptoms at a young age, though, and can be brought on by experiences of physical stress on the body.

Now, oftentimes after a child receives the scheduled MMR vaccine, parents report the child coming down with a fever, which is fairly typical. They may also experience febrile seizures, a rash, loss of appetite, and fussiness. These are all typical to some degree, but as mitochondrial diseases can be brought on/exemplified by times of physical stress (illness, high fever, malnutrition, dehydration, etc.) it just seems to make sense to me that children who receive the MMR vaccine, come down with a fever, and then have regression of some sort may actually have a form of mitochondrial disease. When mitochondrial disease affects the brain, it can trigger a regressive encephalopathy, or a disease in the brain that makes a person lose skills they once had acquired. These can be skills such as walking, talking, or even being social, and thus mimicking the symptoms of an autistic spectrum disorder.

I'm not saying that every case of regressive autism or autism with a regressive encephalopathy is actually "hidden mitochondrial disease", but there certainly does seem to be an unknown link of some sort. I am particularly skeptical of cases in which parent or caregivers claim their child to have become autistic after describing a fever/seizures as well as continuous regression after receiving the MMR vaccine. Again, please don't bite my head off, this is all my opinion, and I am definitely no medical professional or expert, but what I do believe is that there seems to be a pattern in cases of regressive autism after receiving vaccines that may point towards a mitochondrial disease.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 9:39 pm

I seem to remember B19 mentioning something about "mitochondrial disease" in relation to autism and autoimmune disorders.

I wonder if discussing with her could yield results.

cyndilu711
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Mar 2018, 9:42 pm

I was vaccinated and so we're my children. I have 2 kids with autism but I myself do too? I am 46 so there wasn't much of a danger back then according to the numbers. My son did start having seizures after his 2nd set of vaccinations at 4 months and we held off untill he was 4 years of age for the rest of them. I think ours is familial rather than vaccs.