auntblabby wrote:
^^^
:wtg:

Thanks auntblabby! :)

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 1:25 am

I've written a hydraulic stormwater anayisis program that was better than any of the commercial software worth thousands of dollars. People at the local Council use my software instead of the commercial ones available because it's easier and quicker to use, and equaly (I say more) powerfull than what is commercialy available. I'm very proud of some of the code in the kernal of the routing routine.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 1:27 am

^^^
hope you can make some money off of that.

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2013, 1:39 am

Designed and helped build my house
Raised 5 kids (3 step)
Won a citizenship award for volunteer work...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 1:41 am

lots of high-accomplishment people here :thumleft:

Theuniverseman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Jul 2013, 1:45 am

I served 20 years in the USAF as an aircraft mechanic.

Systemizing quotient - 52
Aspie-quiz ? AS: 151 NT: 61

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2013, 1:54 am

auntblabby wrote:
lots of high-accomplishment people here :thumleft:

Too true.
I have been lucky with skills and abilities.
There are also people on this forum who may not post in this thread, thinking their achievements don't count.
Some of them work harder just getting through a day than others can imagine.
I hope their efforts bring them happiness too. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 1:59 am

^^^
yes, some folks must expend 100+ % of their energy, merely to appear normal. these people [myself included] deserve some love as well. :heart:

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2013, 3:35 am

Fnord wrote:
Callista wrote:
I stood up to my sociopathic, abusive stepfather. When he was arrested for counterfeiting money, I gathered up the evidence, called the police, barricaded myself in my room, and held out against family members trying to get in until the police came. Then I threw the evidence out the window to give them probable cause. That was when his lies started breaking down. He was only given probation, but after that he was a lot less ready to hit me and my sister because he knew he'd go to jail if he did. I was fourteen.

I don't know if that's really an accomplishment, but it was probably the bravest thing I've ever done, and the most frightened I've ever been, both at once.

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!! !

Wow that took enormous courage! I'm Humbled - I never had the strength to stand up to my abusive father :(

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.

EMTkid
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2013, 3:46 am

I delivered a 3-month premature baby in the back of my ambulance 20 miles from civilization. The mother was panicking and the little girl was so tiny, weighed just over 2 pounds. But I got them both to the hospital ok, and she made it. I saw her a year later... The mother names her after me.

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2013, 3:46 am

For me it would be finding an amazing wife who loves and cares for me despite all my quirks. And having two beautiful children with her, one of whom has autism. We also have a third child from her previous marriage, whom I legally adopted, and I'm proud that he turned out so well :)

After that I'm proud of the fact that I managed to become a self employed personal Art teacher. And that now, I teach art to three large groups in one day, at a public library.

Its exhausting and sometimes quite frightening, but so rewarding, partially because I can actually make myself do it. And partially because it gives me so much pleasure to see people learn art from me.

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.

tetkavd
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jul 2013, 3:54 am

Got to live with my siblings alone escaping tyrant mother at the age of 18. Graduated my BC after 5 years and three other universities dropped. Went to China. Can somehow communicate in 5 languages. Got married. Wrote and illustrated 4 books which one had a single positive review. Have friends.

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 5:31 am

Callista wrote:
I stood up to my sociopathic, abusive stepfather. When he was arrested for counterfeiting money, I gathered up the evidence, called the police, barricaded myself in my room, and held out against family members trying to get in until the police came. Then I threw the evidence out the window to give them probable cause. That was when his lies started breaking down. He was only given probation, but after that he was a lot less ready to hit me and my sister because he knew he'd go to jail if he did. I was fourteen.

Well done.

SheldonGC
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jul 2013, 6:13 am

Well, I've lasted nearly two years working for a corporation most people can't stand working for more than about 3 months at. :lol:

I just bought a house in June, that I should be done with the rebuilding on in about 2 months or so, I saved up money, and paid cash for a foreclousre, no house payments for me. :D