Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 4:42 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Are threads about Alex's picture going to be a weekly thing now?

I was asking it to myself as well, and even thinking about asking it, but you did it already.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 4:42 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Are threads about Alex's picture going to be a weekly thing now?

probably depends on how many sockpuppets users can make without getting spotted.

Quote:
Yeah, but does anyone find it odd that autistics have issues with eye contact and here is this guy basically staring the sh** out of you every time you do anything on the forum? I find it kind of insensitive let alone 100% unnecessary.

am in agreement about photos that force eye contact but its something that can be got around quite easy.
this is also alexes site, am not a AP fangirl but dont think its right complaining about someone when its their website and server,a comment directly to alex himself offering constructive criticism woud be different.

does everyone who hates his staring photo being there use mirrors in their house?
personaly cannot tolerate any form of eye stare whether it be a picture,a poster or a mirror but come on this is easy stuff to work around.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

27 Jul 2013, 5:32 pm

I hate pictures that make direct eye contact with the camera, so I avoid them. There was one I found that I can't even look at, but other people think it looks cool and have no issues.

Anyway, just get adblock and block his picture. Then you won't have to see it.

Re: mirrors. My own eyes in a mirror don't bother me, but the fact that I don't really process my face causes me some odd mirror issues. I don't spend a lot of time using them.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 5:32 pm

It is Alex's forum; needless to say, if he wants to plant his picture here, he can do it.

Jasper1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jul 2013, 5:38 pm

He can do whatever he wants. So can anyone else for that matter, including voicing an opinion. Just because someone runs something or is in charge doesn't mean they are beyond reproach, and can't be told they could do something better. I don't like when pedestals dictate attitude or treatment.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 5:40 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Re: mirrors. My own eyes in a mirror don't bother me, but the fact that I don't really process my face causes me some odd mirror issues. I don't spend a lot of time using them.

I relate to this. I feel like each time I look into a mirror I have to start processing my own face again, putting the features together again, so it always remains strange in a way.
Which can make me use the mirror a lot in an effort to put the features together and get familiar to them.
Or not at all for times.
Eyes are interesting to watch, I mean my own eyes.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Annaliina
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jul 2013, 5:56 pm

... I feel like this is so mean to say but, ... >>;; I can't stand the alien and the color scheme.

But art is one of my obesessions and I compulsively analyze things.

Edit: Though I greatly appreciate that Most everything is backgrounded with color. I can't tolerate black and white

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 6:52 pm

Annaliina wrote:
... I feel like this is so mean to say but, ... >>;; I can't stand the alien and the color scheme.

Edit: Though I greatly appreciate that Most everything is backgrounded with color. I can't tolerate black and white

I really like the theme and the color scheme for the site. I do think that the white background could be darkened up a little bit, like it is at the top of the page. The blue and green parts look great, just as they are. I like the WrongPlanet.net logo. But I would agree that the alien and the earth do look like they were drawn by a small child with crayons. My apologies to who ever the artist was. :| But I'm OK with keeping it, since they have been using it for almost ten years. I don't really have very high expectations for art these days anyway.

Shakarians

27 Jul 2013, 6:59 pm

This forum has a really old, outdated type style to it. You know, compared to the newer stuff. It could definitely use an upgrade.

As for Alex's picture, it's never really bothered me. As it's already been said, it's his site, he can do whatever he wants with it.

Annaliina

27 Jul 2013, 7:19 pm

Max000 wrote:
Annaliina wrote:

I really like the theme and the color scheme for the site. I do think that the white background could be darkened up a little bit, like it is at the top of the page. The blue and green parts look great, just as they are. I like the WrongPlanet.net logo. But I would agree that the alien and the earth do look like they were drawn by a small child with crayons. My apologies to who ever the artist was. :| But I'm OK with keeping it, since they have been using it for almost ten years. I don't really have very high expectations for art these days anyway.

I apologize. I'm having a rough time. I feel real bad about saying that. >_____<;; besides its not my place to decided whats good and whats not.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 9:13 pm

Annaliina wrote:
Max000 wrote:
Annaliina wrote:

I apologize. I'm having a rough time. I feel real bad about saying that. >_____<;; besides its not my place to decided whats good and whats not.

I wouldn't apologize. I partly agree with you. There could be some good changes made, but over all I think it's a pretty nicely designed site.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 9:16 pm

OBEY!

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 9:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
OBEY!

doubleplusungood 8O