Page 4 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Wags
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Apr 2014, 2:09 pm

My family is fine. Other people really don't touch me, so I don't really know. I don't like shaking hands though. I do know that I'm sensitive in 3 places, around my eyes, my stomach, and on top of my heels. It hurts like hell if someone touches my heels.. I had to make sure the hair cutter would not go near my eyes or else I would start tearing up.

Also, to add, brushing into people bothers me a lot, and for a while. It doesn't hurt, it just.. bothers me. Can't really explain it.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 2:24 pm

yesm certain types of touch, like a hug, handshake and pat on the back, i guess if im expecting it i dont mind but if you touch me without telling me, i dont like it

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

TungleVatn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Apr 2014, 2:54 pm

I don't mind touch. I welcome all hugs.

Spectre
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Apr 2014, 4:04 pm

If it is family or friends, I can probably tolerate it. It still makes me very uncomfortable though. But if it is a surprise, or from a stranger, it makes me extremely uncomfortable. I may very well flinch away.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 8:37 pm

Generally do not like it. Especially from the shoulders to the neck. I have confused and upset a few people with my “inappropriate” reactions to being touched

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 9:16 pm

Touch doesn't really bother me too much. I really like hugs from people I like, and I'm fine with handshakes in general. I don't like strangers hugging me or patting me on the back, etc. though, but I'll tolerate it.

megocode3
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Apr 2014, 9:27 pm

I am VERY sensitive to light touch on my back. Touch my back and I literally jump and freak out. I once tried to get a massage from a massage therapist, but every time the therapist touched my back I leaped off the table. It's too bad because massages look like they're relaxing. A firm bear hug doesn't bother me though. It's kind of weird.

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 9:54 pm

When I was a child I would only let my mother and father touch me. My dad like to give me a firm hug and my mom would give my legs and feet a deep message. I had allot of leg and foot cramps growing up. (Sometimes still do) I don't like hugs from people I don't know well. I stiffen up like a board and just want to get it over with. I don't like hand shakes. I hate crowds because I don't like people bumping into me. A co worker about a month ago reached out and touched my arm without warning and I pulled away. I don't like kissing at all. Never have... I have a hard time breathing when I'm kissed on the mouth. My grandma always wanted to kiss me on the mouth and I would try and run away. It was just gross to me.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

QuidditchChick
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2014, 9:32 am

I hate when strangers touch me but crave touch from family and friends. When I am having an episode, my husband holding me or touching me can bring me back to reality.

aspieZim
Raven
Raven

30 Apr 2014, 11:29 am

my mom says when i was a child i hated being touched, strange, i'm the opposite these days, i don't mind being touched in fact i crave kind touches and hugs... makes me feel i am loved

Heyman27
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Nov 2021, 6:53 pm

Forkliftoperator wrote:
Most of the time I enjoy being hugged tight and and don't mind the light brushes at all. I'm like a cat, I enjoy being patted and hugged by people I trust, and cuddling with hubby. I do not tolerate strangers grabbing me or coming too close. To me, touching and hugging from people I trust is reassurring.

Do you grab them back if they grab you?

_cora_
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Nov 2021, 7:21 pm

Probably the "too neurotypical" answer, but I love cuddling with my family. My sister absolutely hates touch and says it makes her feel trapped, but I love getting really close to her if we're watching something, and just cuddle. But she also tells me I'm like a wall when she hugs me. So I don't know what she wants. I also used to sleep basically on top of my mom. I used to stim during my sleep (twirling my hair) until I eventually stopped. I think I would also sleepwalk to my mom's bed? Now that I'm thinking about it, I was probably craving some kind of of love, because my family isn't very expressive with their love. If you want something, you have to ask. My parents will not just say "i love you" or hug you naturally. Wait, they seem like the embodiment of chess. They're totally the type to act like they're super smart and have "intellectual conversation".
No idea why I'm posting this here. I guess I'm just bored, and kind of venting. lol

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 7:45 pm

I have no problem with being touched. My problem is just finding somebody to do the touching.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 7:47 pm

I've been a sensory seeker for touch as a child.

Affectionate touch, sure. Hugs, cuddles, patting, tickling, massages, hair combing.

That is if I'm in a mood for it. Generally, I do more than just tolerate touch.

However, tolerance or not, I don't like touches that are inappropriate or unasked for.
It's fine as a surprise -- I'd like it if one guessed it right and at least appropriately.

If I'm not in a mood, I'd likely freeze, avoid or go away depending who you are and what's in my mind.
But if I'm... :lol: Be very prepared for whatever I may do. Someone I like hugs me, I'd squeeze and cling at them until they squirm.

However a number of my relatives more and a very few family friends are only allowed to when it comes to my worst and least tolerant of states.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 7:53 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
If I'm not in a mood, I'd likely freeze, avoid or go away depending who you are and what's in my mind.
But if I'm... :lol: Be very prepared for whatever I may do. Someone I like hugs me, I'd squeeze and cling at them until they squirm..

Sounds hot.

I mean from the body temperature being in close proximity, and everything, raising the thermal homeostasis of both, disturbing the equilibrium..... yeah, you might feel... hot.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 7:59 pm

i guess i'm one of the aspie outliers who craves loving touch.