Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 1:33 pm

auntblabby, if you could get through what you got through, you can get through anything. :)

I'd be honoured to have you as my drill sergeant. :wink:

htfu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jun 2017, 2:22 pm

JakeASD wrote:
Sorry to bump our old thread.

Are there constructive ways in which to deal with jealousy?

My one and only friend (who happens to be my ex-girlfriend) today stated that she was called "beautiful" today by someone, and the two are now friends on Facebook. Upon hearing this, I felt conflicted emotions. I was pleased that she had been complimented on her good looks, but at the same time I was extremely jealous at the thought that she could be with another guy soon. I believe jealousy has been a problem of mine my entire life, and eventually it manifests into seemingly uncontrollable anger. :(

Can this be eradicated somehow?

i used to be insanely jealous, now it is not a problem at all. somehow i managed to work it out as follows :

- a relationship is a constant choice that both people make
- you can not force the choice or make it for someone
- what a person chooses will always become evident given enough time or knowledge
- finding out what your or the other person's choice is allows you to get on with your life and not waste lots of your valuable time on something that is over

not sure if this works for anyone but me, ymmcv (terms and conditions apply, no purchase necessary)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 4:44 am

^^^ hiya htfu :) welcome to the club 8)

Alita wrote:
auntblabby, if you could get through what you got through, you can get through anything. :)
I'd be honoured to have you as my drill sergeant. :wink:

thank you :heart: i'd be a different kinda one of those ;)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 10:18 pm

Sorry to bump our old thread.

Are there constructive ways in which to deal with jealousy?

My one and only friend (who happens to be my ex-girlfriend) today stated that she was called "beautiful" today by someone, and the two are now friends on Facebook. Upon hearing this, I felt conflicted emotions. I was pleased that she had been complimented on her good looks, but at the same time I was extremely jealous at the thought that she could be with another guy soon. I believe jealousy has been a problem of mine my entire life, and eventually it manifests into seemingly uncontrollable anger. :(

Can this be eradicated somehow?

meditation lessons

anger management lessons

different people find different things physically attractive. maybe someone found your ex physically attractive. (fine). but someone's visual appearance is largely outside of his/her control. sure, someone could put on makeup, dress up, and et cetera. but cosmetics only go so far.

besides, some people think it's what's on the inside that matters.

and some people are superficial and materialistic. and that ain't illegal. :mrgreen:

you can (1) put more energy into finding friends and dates, if you want them. if you find it worth it, after considering cost benefit analysis

(2) give up on it. friends and dates could be better than nothing. all else being equal. but all else is not equal. and there might be other, better things you want to do with your time, money, and energy, than look for friends and dates.

come up with a new hobby

get a counselor