Question for any guys who had or have a girlfriend

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

KanyeWestFan2.0
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jun 2017, 4:48 pm

there is this girl who sat next to me in my class and I want to talk to her and form a relationship but how do I start? I am thinking about doing something like asking her what does she think of the class or offering her gum if she notices me pulling out gum. We had a couple of small interactions but none of them was perfect because you know I have Aspergers. I don't want this to become a What if but I am nervous to approach her

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 5:40 pm

Your best bet would be to think of her as a friend (at least at first), rather than a potential girlfriend.

Girls, sometimes, can sense when a guy wants "more than a friendship," and get scared of the guy.

So...when you ask her what she thinks of the class, or when you offer her gum, do it in the spirit of potential friendship.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 5:55 pm

Don't go right into asking her do you want to be my girlfriend. Just try to be friends with her. And hopefully it'll turn into something higher than that. Like being a couple. Just start out like that. And maybe start out by texting her or messaging her. Ask for her phone number the next time you see her.

KanyeWestFan2.0
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jun 2017, 8:31 pm

the two comments are great but I am going to bump this thread to try and get some more advice

Goth Fairy
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jun 2017, 1:36 am

I would start by talking to her about something that's going on in class. That might be something interesting from the lesson, how much you like or don't like the teacher (but don't say that when the teacher can hear you), or something funny that happened in the lesson. The fact that you are both in the lesson is something you instantly have in common, so it is a good place to start getting to know each other.

I know I am not guy, but if you want to know about what girls want, the best people to get advice from are girls! Of course all girls are different, and what works for one may not work for another. But it is always to important to get to know each other a little more as a starting point.