Nah, not really. I'm never that much in a rush. 12%  12%  [ 6 ]
Sometimes, if I have to attend to something important. 18%  18%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 49

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 12:18 am

I can't stand it.

I sit at my computer and intermittently stare at my watch because I have to go to sleep soon.

I study the clock at work, not because I'm looking forward to a break, but to see where I should be at that moment.

I have to intermittently look at my watch when I'm baking or cooking something lest it should burn.

When I get off work, or on my off days before work, I stare at my watch to see how many hours of freedom I have left before clocking back in.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 12:30 am

I don't usually watch clocks, I really don't like to feed my anticipation, it goes all sorts of unruly, impossible places. However I lose a bit of my mind when I forget to wear my watch - an analog Swatch. I read a number of studies stating that your pulse can actually synchronize to the second hand and balances in the movement, and I'm not sure they're true but it wouldn't surprise me at all. It's really just something of a foil for the punctuality troubles I've mostly gotten under control since I was a kid, and helps me time all sorts of things in my work and home life that would completely elude me otherwise. I set my Android phone to an Analog clock on the home & lock screens despite the fact Google wasn't nice enough to mark anything but 12 on it, and I must say it's kind of annoying having to hit a button or move my cursor just to check a digital one; I need all the screen real estate I can get for studies.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 1:02 am

No I don't watch the clock unless it's for normal things like getting ready for work, when to leave to go somewhere, needing to leave somewhere at a certain time.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 1:18 am

I discreetly watch my watch when I have to.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 2:11 am

Yes. I feel lost in time and space. I collect clocks and need them to be accurate. My favorites are the radio-controlled clocks. I found one that is both digital and analog. It is synchronized to an atomic clock.

If I did not obsess on the time, I would not get anything done that needs to be done.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 2:15 am

auntblabby wrote:
I discreetly watch my watch when I have to.

I had a digital one or two years ago but with the same convenience in mind is how I picked my current one. White numbers, black dial and casing.

[img][800:1200]http://cdn.watchshop.com/profiler/thumb_cache/zoom/30445_v_1355903314.jpg[/img]

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 2:21 am

I used to have a fancy TI pilot's watch but I accidentally smashed it to pieces one day. now I use my late father's 40-year-old Seiko.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 2:41 am

My mom will only wear Seikos. I only learned 2 days their parent company is Epson. Same as Subaru really being Fuji Heavy Industries. Thin wrists run in her family and she says they're the only ones that can have enough links removed. I'm partial to bands...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 2:45 am

mine has no links because my late mother made a nice cloth band to replace the metal which pinched my late father's skin over his wrists.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 5:31 am

Yeah if I ever bought a fancy watch I'm certain I'd break it somehow. I'm surprised with how long this one's lasted - acrylic polish is a lifesaver!

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 6:12 am

Definitely. I haven't had a watch in years, but I constantly look at the clocks around me.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 6:47 am

i watch my clock to make sure it is not stolen.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 6:53 am

Can't vote, because the options are all slightly incorrect for me. I have a highly variable and unreliable sense of time, so I must rely on devices to keep appointments, make deadlines at work, or catch a train.

My primary timekeeping devices are my computers and cell phone.

I do not spend a lot of time thinking about what time it is, other than as needed to try to catch trains, make deadlines, and keep appointments. If I spend to much time focusing on time, I can't get anything done, so I don't.

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 7:34 am

I've worn a watch every day since I learned to tell the time and always know what time it is. A couple of years ago, a friend challenged me to go a week without time (I was at uni at the time so he texted when I had a lecture, and I took the clock off my phone and computer and gave him my watch), but I only managed two days. Weirdly, I slept amazingly well that night though!

SteelBlu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2013, 7:42 am

I watch clocks when I am anticipating something. Obsessively. Like, pacing back and forth, anxiously waiting for someone who said they were going to show up, checking the clock, seeing that they are one minute late, panic slowly rising, pace a little more, check again, two minutes late, more panic.

I do check it in a less-panicked way if I need to keep myself on time about something (making appointments, getting to work on time, etc.) Even if I set myself an alarm on my phone, I still end up checking the time to see how much time is left before the alarm goes off! Ha. I have absolutely no sense of time, so without it, I'd be lost. Oh, to live in a world where every second of your day is not accounted for, and "set time" appointments did not exist.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

31 Jul 2013, 8:38 am

I have a habit of watching my clock; I dunno why, I seem a bit panicky at times.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."