Viral wife meltdown video=undiagnosed autistic?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

IdleHands
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Aug 2013, 6:16 am

What do you think? Possible autistic? Just a brat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRjytdu9xRE

girl_incognito
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2013, 6:28 am

I don't know. But I personally find it degrading that he posted that. I would divorce my husband for this.

I have had meltdowns that kind of looked like that

I don't know about anything that lead up to this, so I can't say if it's an autism thing or not.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 6:56 am

Stories about this say he is a bully who had tormented her regularly and set up this situation to get evidence for the divorce he was planning. Throwing the video up on YouTube is just more bullying on his part. No one should enter a relationship with this cruel man.

Who can guess anything about her neurology? She's really upset and behaving irrationally. Most humans do it, given the right circumstances.

Lucywlf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Aug 2013, 7:39 am

Husband is a sleazy jerk. I hope the judge gives her everything.

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Aug 2013, 10:10 am

Yeah I've seen the full video, and I immediately thought it was an ASD meltdown and said so to my wife at the time (I'd not read the text with it as my wife was showing it to me on her iPad)

The husband is definitely a sleazebag for posting this on youtube, why publicly humiliate anyone like that? And if it was indeed filmed as evidence for the court, he could find himself in trouble with the judge for posting it publicly!

I sincerely hope no woman is stupid enough to get hitched to this man after this, but unfortunately I also have no doubt that some woman will fall for his charms anyway :(

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.

bleh12345
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 10:31 am

I feel bad for her. :[ If my husband did that, I'd never forgive him...

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 11:06 am

This video made me disgusted. That woman had expectations to go to the lake and relax and he surprises her with info that he's going to go get stuff done for his car instead. What a selfish prick. I've had meltdowns that look like that and I also suspected undiagnosed aspie when I saw this video. I throw fits like that when people change up plans unexpectedly like that. I get myself mentally prepared for an outing and if they change it up while on the way to the outing I get pissed. This man would rather choose getting his oil changed than go to the lake with his wife and that just is weird to me. I'm glad they're getting divorced and she can escape this loser who didn't appreciate her and didn't care to help her and instead wants to make fun of her.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 11:17 am

That's how my anxiety looks when I have one.

I think the husband said more about himself than about his wife. I hear she is divorcing him and I thought "good I would divorce him too if mine did that to me." I would also use it against him in court for child custody. The man is an idiot. She could use it against him in court.

She was probably upset they didn't get to go to the lake and it was a change in plan. I also thought could she be ASD. The husband is an ass for being supportive and un understanding.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 11:43 am

Wife speaks out about her husband. Not surprising what she says here.

http://gawker.com/temper-tantrum-wife-s ... -896965566

His side of the story:

http://www.shockmansion.com/2013/07/23/ ... r-tantrum/

Misunderstanding or miscommunication?

The wife had other issues, drinking problems.

http://gawker.com/man-records-final-fig ... -868449134

I still think it was a dick move to post it online.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 5:39 pm

If he says she's like this all the time why did he marry her? I doubt she just became like this right after the wedding. This as*hole set her up, manipulated her emotions, then humiliated her in front of the world. He was laughing at her throughout the video. The reasons he gives for posting it on youtube are complete BS. I'm not even going to speculate on what their relationship is like, I just think making this public is pretty sh***y on the guys part. And no this is not autism.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 6:35 pm

When I first heard her I cried. I could totally relate to how overwhelmed she must be and I have felt that way before. Then I got absolutely disgusted at her husband for making a public spectacle of her pain which first of all he has absolutely no understanding of and secondly he might have been a lot of the cause of her stress anyway. Then I got disgusted at how the hosts of the show were laughing and making fun of her and calling her mean names. This should have never been aired. She needs help not public ridicule.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 7:16 pm

IdleHands wrote:

I've had NT, high maintenance girl friends who would pull this s**t on their boyfriends all the time.

If she was an Aspie, oh that card would be rolled out in spades during thr divorce proceedings.

There are regular old NT women that act that "dramatic."

Sorry, she's a drama queen and he's a douche.

I'm shocked he didn't open up the car door on her while they were driving.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 7:21 pm

Perhaps, but wouldn't it be best to actually find out if she has a legitimate reason for acting this way rather than making a public spectacle of her? I am sorry you have had girlfriends treat you that way. If they do that on purpose, that is just absurd. But if they really have an issue, than it's worth finding out. But she did not deserve to be exposed to the world like that.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 7:22 pm

Tawaki wrote:
IdleHands wrote:

I've had NT, high maintenance girl friends who would pull this sh** on their boyfriends all the time.

If she was an Aspie, oh that card would be rolled out in spades during thr divorce proceedings.

Why would you assume she is NT? There seems to be a lot of thinking on WP along the lines of "If it isn't ASD it's NT". The reality is she could have a number of issues. I'm not going to speculate on who f****d up the marriage. I just know it was sh***y for him to make this public.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 7:24 pm

I'm yet to watch this vid.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 7:41 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
Tawaki wrote:
IdleHands wrote:

I've had NT, high maintenance girl friends who would pull this sh** on their boyfriends all the time.

Why would you assume she is NT? There seems to be a lot of thinking on WP along the lines of "If it isn't ASD it's NT". The reality is she could have a number of issues. I'm not going to speculate on who f**** up the marriage. I just know it was sh***y for him to make this public.

Why is everyone assuming her behavior is undiagnosed ASD? That's all I saw before I posted.

I think they are both tools.

If you are in a very public place, and are fighting, having a melt down, screaming at your kid, whatever, some vulture has a smart phone and will try to capture it.

There is no privacy anymore.

If that couple had kids, for sure one of them would be vidding the other's less than stellar moments for child custody leverage.

A smart phone with 64 gb holds a lot of indiscretions.