Can't get where I want cause I'm Lost. 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Can't get where I want cause I don't know where that would be. 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Both 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 8

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 5:52 pm

and this time i didn't evenmake it TO the store before i got lost.

Wanted to go to Fred meyer's and forgot what part of town it was in. Since there are three business-like sections of town... I went to all three... of course it was the last area i went to that the store was at.

Each time I wanted to go to a new area of town, I had to swing back by my house and start my new "destination track"... cause i just couldn't bring myself to just go straight to the other area of town. one time, it was defintely because i had no clue what streets would get me there, but the other time... it was like i just didn't even want to take the chance.

i've read how people here get lost a lot... But I have a more specific question to ask:

Are you lost because A) you have no clue where you are in relation to where you want to go? or B) You just don't know HOW to get where you want to go... like you know WHERE you are. c) or is it both

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 6:15 pm

Yahoo maps
MapQuest
Google maps

+

Phonebook

+
the ability to read street signs

+ maybe a compass-depending
=

NOT LOST!! !!

Though, my bigger problems tend to be in the field of knowing I need to get something done but not knowing where to go to do it-let alone how to get there if it is a 'process'-let alone what to do once I'm there.

I suspect there will be an article on this someday...

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

asperion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 6:51 pm

I've gotten lost while trying to drive across town at night; last fall I was out driving after dark, and realized that I had somehow gotten completely turned around and was travelling in the opposite direction of my destination.

Never happens to me during the day (or at shorter distances).

alex
Developer
Developer

28 Jan 2007, 6:55 pm

get gps.

Hoorahville
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jan 2007, 7:11 pm

alex wrote:
get gps.

TomTom works wonders.