Anyone like listening to the same song over and over?

Page 2 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 8:53 pm

questor wrote:
I have found over the years that listening to nice music is a good coping method when dealing with stress and unhappiness. :D

We need a smiley that's playing an instrument, like a guitar. :chin: :D

Yes.

That would be an awesome smiley. :D 8)

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 11:55 pm

It depends on the song sometimes, but overall yes as of late it has been song from Dan Bull lol.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 12:39 am

Sometimes, though I have grown tired of some of my favorite songs this way. :<

emax10000
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Feb 2015, 2:05 am

I find myself listening to the same song over and over again for over an hour. I would find that I have this need to listen to a song I love over and over again, or even a part of a song, and not even realize that I had spent between 1-2 hours listening to this one song or part of this one song.

Is this considered a hallmark of someone who is legitimately autistic? I am still trying to figure out exactly where I belong so I was not quite sure.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 2:10 am

emax10000 wrote:
I find myself listening to the same song over and over again for over an hour. I would find that I have this need to listen to a song I love over and over again, or even a part of a song, and not even realize that I had spent between 1-2 hours listening to this one song or part of this one song.

Is this considered a hallmark of someone who is legitimately autistic? I am still trying to figure out exactly where I belong so I was not quite sure.

I've heard that's a common thing for people on the spectrum, to watch the same video or listen to the same song over and over.

Logston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2015, 2:13 am

emax10000 wrote:

I'm pretty sure NTs do it to when it comes to some things, but probably to a lesser degree and not as often. Repetitive behaviors in general are a hallmark of autism.

Flipsar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Feb 2015, 3:56 am

I have been listening to the same 3 songs for over a year, one song it has been for 3 years. No other songs relax me as much as the three do.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 4:18 pm

conundrum wrote:
questor wrote:
I have found over the years that listening to nice music is a good coping method when dealing with stress and unhappiness. :D

We need a smiley that's playing an instrument, like a guitar. :chin: :D

Yes.

That would be an awesome smiley. :D 8)

Agreed.

DestinedToBeAPotato
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: floating on the molecular clouds of interstellar space

15 Feb 2015, 4:32 pm

Yes I do exactly this! In my case, I will become "obsessed" with a certain artist for a certain period of time. I will spend hours online searching about all that is to know about the said artist. I will watch all of their documentaries, Behind The Scenes footage, watch every single performance, download every single song they've ever released, read every article and interview they've ever had. And it's not that I am infatuated with them as a person, because I'm never interested in them as a person, it's weird because I become obsessed with the image or the concept of the artist - not necessarily them as a person.

For example, a few weeks back Avril Lavigne songs were the in thing for me to obsess over... I was interested in the concept of Avril Lavigne the tomboy pop-rock star, not Avril Lavigne the person.. I had listened to all of her songs (demos included), watched all concert footage, interviews, documentaries etc, read all articles in relation to Avril Lavigne and her music. I've now moved onto a band called Kidney Thieves.. And the whole cycle has restarted.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 5:25 pm

NEtikiman wrote:
Songs, TV shows, movies, books, meals... If I find something I like, I repeat it over and over and over again.

This is me, exactly! If I find a food I like, I'll eat it everyday----I'd eat it at every MEAL, but I try to keep myself from doing that, so I don't "burn-out", on it. I have favorite books, that I've read many, MANY times. I'll listen to songs, albums, parts of songs, over-and-over-and-over. When I had my truck, I had an Elvis gospel record (CD), on repeat. I can only get to sleep at night, if I play a certain DVD.

I'm also the same way, as others have said, about the artists of songs----I'll read everything there is, about them----until someone else comes-along to obsess, over.

I also think it is an ASD thing----and, I also would LOVE to know what makes us do it!!

gertie1999

15 Feb 2015, 5:45 pm

Yup, I love listening to Beatles songs over and over again! And another song I listen to over and over is "Welcome To The Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 6:57 pm

I am currently hooked on a song called 'Take Me To Church' by Hozier.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 8:52 pm

gertie1999 wrote:
Yup, I love listening to Beatles songs over and over again! And another song I listen to over and over is "Welcome To The Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance

Ohmygawd I love that song by MCR!! ! What sort of Beatles songs do you listen to?

iammaz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Feb 2015, 9:34 pm

Just to try avoid a confirmation bias and AS generalisation; no i do not listen to a song on repeat. ever! I find listening to the same song over and over incredibly frustrating and it gives me a feeling like I am trapped. My limit is that I listen to a song a maximum of once a day which does mean I don't get sick of songs very easily and some of the ones I'm dragging around on my phone have been there for a few years.
Maz

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 10:09 pm

Lately, a few that are primarily instrumentals: some game show themes, FUTURAMA, SIMPSONS and "Psyche Rock" variants, some video game music...stuff like that.

Also, two by Owl City: "When Can I See You Again?" and "Fireflies."

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 2:33 am

conundrum wrote:
Lately, a few that are primarily instrumentals: some game show themes, FUTURAMA, SIMPSONS and "Psyche Rock" variants, some video game music...stuff like that.

Also, two by Owl City: "When Can I See You Again?" and "Fireflies."

Aww I loved When Can I See You Again? I think it should've been nominated for Best Original Song at least and Wreck-It Ralph should've won Best Animated Feature.