Anyone like listening to the same song over and over?

Page 3 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 2:33 am

conundrum wrote:
Lately, a few that are primarily instrumentals: some game show themes, FUTURAMA, SIMPSONS and "Psyche Rock" variants, some video game music...stuff like that.

Also, two by Owl City: "When Can I See You Again?" and "Fireflies."

Aww I loved When Can I See You Again? I think it should've been nominated for Best Original Song at least and Wreck-It Ralph should've won Best Animated Feature.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 5:03 am

Yes.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 5:34 am

I use to.

Now I just listen to the same SET of songs over and over again.

For example, if there are 5 songs that I really, really like, I might listen to them at least 1-5 times a day.

I can't listen to any ONE song over and over again. The most I can do is 3 plays before I begin to get sick of it...

CC_Blossom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Feb 2015, 2:05 pm

Yes I do a lot. If there's a song I really like in terms of how good the beat is, I tend to get obsessed over it to the point of playing it a lot and getting earworms. I don't know why I'm like that? I guess it's just me.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 4:28 pm

I do it with soundtracks - videogame or tv series usually. Over and over all day while I work. Keeps out construction noise, office-mates, and other undesirables. Has the added bonus of boosting my hyperfocus since I already know what is coming so well that the sound has the net effect of white noise.

Glad I'm not the only one.

HinaHantaCutie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2015, 9:27 pm

I always do this. I become focused on a song and listen to it on repeat for a while, until I get focused on another. Then the cycle repeats. Lol

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 1:34 am

Kenya wrote:
conundrum wrote:
Lately, a few that are primarily instrumentals: some game show themes, FUTURAMA, SIMPSONS and "Psyche Rock" variants, some video game music...stuff like that.

Also, two by Owl City: "When Can I See You Again?" and "Fireflies."

Aww I loved When Can I See You Again? I think it should've been nominated for Best Original Song at least and Wreck-It Ralph should've won Best Animated Feature.

I agree. Speaking of WRECK-IT RALPH, I love the overture (OST?) also:

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

creepycrawly36
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2015, 12:59 pm

I do this too. It was more difficult when I was younger though, although I was hooked on Glenn Miller for a few years, and finally progressed out of that decade to Buddy Holly (I never grew up when either of these were in). For both of these I would perseverate on mainly one song. My parents were great though, both times they found me all the music they could - related to both.

Interestingly I never used to listen to music much above a whisper, it wasn't until I got to university that I did. Up until then the only music I ever listened to louder- was at the opera, ballet (with parents), I found it very unusual to listen to modern music, and to listen to it loud.

ttot
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Dec 2015, 5:17 pm

Sometimes I keep listening to albums over and over again. Like One River by Scott Solter or Ravedeath, 1972.

captain mills

28 Dec 2015, 5:28 pm

Yes, and I used to have to listen to the same song every day on the way to school, and it had to be the last one I listened to before I got out of the car. I get it more the more stressed I am - if I'm heading towards a meltdown then I'll do it really obsessively.

Female, twenties, UK, recently diagnosed Aspie

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2015, 11:09 am

I do this constantly. Sometimes it's just one song on repeat, sometimes it's several. I've never met anyone who can stand to listen to the same song over and over as much as I can.
I don't think I've gone a single day over the last few weeks without listening to certain songs repeatedly.
Here's some of them:

I also have the entire Fairy Tail soundtrack on my computer in it's own playlist, as well as a playlist with every other song or piece of music that I have.
And I used to listen to Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds all the time.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 11:11 am

Just the other day, I listened to "Liar Liar" by the Castaways about ten times in a row.

It's not because I think people are liars---it's because it's music that I grew up with.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 12:17 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Just the other day, I listened to "Liar Liar" by the Castaways about ten times in a row.

It's not because I think people are liars---it's because it's music that I grew up with.

It is a great song. I love the whole 1960's garage rock/proto punk genre. Much more appealing to me then hippie folk rock.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 12:47 pm

I have a file with some Youtube links to music I like listening to.
Then I usually listen to the same song multiple times, then switch to some other song, repeat.
But it's pretty much always a song from the file. I hardly look for new stuff, even if I get bored.
It's a curse and a blessing at the same time.

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

29 Dec 2015, 1:05 pm

The predictable pattern of music tends to be soothing. Although, I remember an upstairs neighbor who played the song Mother Russia by Renaissance over and over the night she tried to burn the place down.

Not Diagnosed and Not Sure

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 2:46 pm

Yes.

I play songs that I like over and over again, which can be rather irritating for those whom live with me.