Anyone like listening to the same song over and over?

Page 2 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

NEtikiman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 12:39 pm

Songs, TV shows, movies, books, meals... If I find something I like, I repeat it over and over and over again. It drives my wife nuts, but it makes me happy. It's probably our biggest point of contention.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Feb 2015, 1:50 pm

I listen to lots of songs repeatedly but I used to more often.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 1:53 pm

I have a practice whenever I find a new song I like where I listen to it repetitively. Maybe because I really want it committed to memory.

compiledkernel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2015, 2:22 pm

I listen to songs repeatedly over and over again constantly.

Most times its because I key on a specific piece of the music (the way a harmony sound, or the way something was played) and I have to understand how it was done.

Stevie Ray Vaughn, Tommy Emmanuel, and Miles Davis are clear examples of this.

PMs are fine, but my answers are probably going to be weird.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 2:29 pm

compiledkernel wrote:
I listen to songs repeatedly over and over again constantly.

Most times its because I key on a specific piece of the music (the way a harmony sound, or the way something was played) and I have to understand how it was done.

Stevie Ray Vaughn, Tommy Emmanuel, and Miles Davis are clear examples of this.

I can relate to that from a lyrical standpoint. As a singer, I'll often try to sing a lyric the same way before deconstructing it and putting my own spin on it.

pirrouline
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Feb 2015, 3:15 pm

I've ALWAYS loved listening to songs on repeat. I remember being 6 or 7 years old and being overjoyed when I convinced my parents to play a song 8 times in a row (that was my favorite number) during a road trip. When I was 12, I got a CD with a song I had been wanting for a while (before I had the CD, I listened to the radio with my Walkman all day trying to hear it, even through one ear when people were talking to me, and felt panicked when I had to quit listening and potentially miss it), and counted the times I listened to the song well over the first 100. My parents banned me from listening to music out loud at that point, understandably, so I plugged in headphones and kept doing it. I can listen to songs on repeat for hours, every day for weeks. I listen to whole albums more often than I used to, but I'll repeat those a lot too - last fall, I had a long commute to my seasonal job that I had for two months, and I listened to the same two albums on the way there and back for the duration of the job.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 3:43 pm

I used to get completely obsessed with songs to the point where I got tense and jittery and angry when I couldn't listen. I had to listen to a song the whole way through every time or else I would get upset. I googled the lyrics, then got upset when I found mistakes in the translation. I researched the meaning of the song, then got upset when the meaning given differed from the meaning I got from it. I YouTubed every version of the song, then got upset when it sounded wrong. I got the chords and learnt to play the song myself, then got upset because I couldn't do it justice either.
I had to give up listening to the music I was listening to, which was probably the hardest part of my therapy because the withdrawals were AWFUL, but I definitely feel better now.

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 3:57 pm

Yes, I often listen to the same song, track or piece of classical music repeatedly - always in multiples of 7. I don't do it that often, but I've done it for most of my life since I was about 16.

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2015, 5:00 pm

Me me meeee

Sometimes ill listen to a song for 20 or 30 min straight. Ill wear out that song after awhile and pick a new one.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 5:56 pm

Yes yes yeees, that is definitely me. I'll hear a song that I really like on YouTube or on the radio or something-- and then later, I just google it and try to look for all the different covers of that same song.. I don't really like to listen to music a lot, but interestingly this always ends up taking up a good portion of time.

Logston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Feb 2015, 6:02 pm

Yes. Sometimes it's an album I like or sometimes just a single song. I don't listen to music much, though, so almost all music is listened to while in my car or if I hear a song I like and then go search for it. I had a Three Doors Down album playing on repeat in my car for nine months in 2014 and I drive often. If I don't want to download a song, I'll simply play it on one of those sites that replay YouTube videos and I'll usually reach 120-350 replays before I decide I'm done with it.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 9:45 pm

I will listen to the same CD over and over. Sometimes the same song over and over.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 11:43 am

Yes, I sometimes listen to a song repeatedly for a little while. I also frequently play the whole CD of Henry V music, from the 1989 movie version. That was the first music CD I loaded onto my desktop PC. It's the favorite one of my small CD collection. I didn't bother loading any of the others until a few weeks before this past Christmas. I decided I wanted to load my Christmas CDs on here, so I could play them for the season, and then decided to keep going and load the rest, too, except for a Polka CD. I couldn't find that one, but will load it when I do.

I have found over the years that listening to nice music is a good coping method when dealing with stress and unhappiness. :D

We need a smiley that's playing an instrument, like a guitar. :chin: :D

alone
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2015, 2:09 pm

I had an upsetting visit with someone and on the way home [10 hour ride] listened to only one song. I felt much better when I got home.
:oops:

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 8:53 pm

questor wrote:
I have found over the years that listening to nice music is a good coping method when dealing with stress and unhappiness. :D

We need a smiley that's playing an instrument, like a guitar. :chin: :D

Yes.

That would be an awesome smiley. :D 8)

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 11:55 pm

It depends on the song sometimes, but overall yes as of late it has been song from Dan Bull lol.