Anyone like listening to the same song over and over?

Page 6 of 8 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Mattoid
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Feb 2017, 10:36 pm

I'll listen to a certain song several times in a row, even if it means just hearing one part again. Then I'll play it over in my head and/or sing the song for hours after.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 114 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 90 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

MBTI Type: INFP
Enneagram Type: 4w5

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 11:58 pm

I can listen to the same song up to 5 times, I can watch the same episode of a tv show too.

jmncrr000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2017, 4:01 pm

I use to have to listen to a song over and over, until i was literally sick of it. I no longer listen to music anymore though. Talk radio dominates my listening time now.

mauloch_baal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Feb 2017, 5:59 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
I smile about this. Why are we so darn repetitive? I mean, I can eat the same food for a month. What the heck is this all about? Why are we this way?

I have eaten the same sub from Subway since 2002.

I also love Slayer's World Painted Blood.

Last edited by mauloch_baal on 14 Feb 2017, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2017, 6:08 pm

I do this with albums, not just a single song. if I like something by a band then I like everything by them and I will consume it all. I've been listening to a Tupac CD for several months in my car. I think it's driving everyone else nuts, and I've tried to listen to other stuff, but I keep coming back to it.

AspieCookerMan
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Apr 2017, 9:01 am

I listen to the same music, watch some of the same movies, and even eat the same food- all the time.
for music, i listen to the same album over and over, sometimes 6months to a year at a time. my friends don't much care for it when they are riding with me, but thats how i learn the songs too.
there are movies i've watched ever since childhood and still enjoy today. i recite them privately, singing along, crying when they cry. its pretty extensive.
i eat the same foods all the time. i've also eaten the same sub from subway for several years. the same toppings, sauce seasoning, bread. though working at a subway one year opened my eyes to other flavors. i never tire of pizza. worked in a pizza joint for 3 years and ate pizza every day. i love it even more :ninja:

edit** i forgot to talk about the song i'm listening to xD

Julian Smith - Eat Randy
https://youtu.be/xqKPe9w5bUs

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2017, 10:33 am

I'll listen to the same song on repeat about four times or up to an hour, then do the same thing with another song.

There are usually three I take turns with after listening to each one a few times. It can be any song/s I feel like listening to. I don't really have a favourite because there are too many I like.

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

LadyOfTheLake
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Apr 2017, 5:10 pm

Ninox75 wrote:
The Humbling River

:heart:

When I was about 14, I listened to Tool (and to nothing else) for a whole year.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:19 pm

i like listening to the same group of songs over and over. that way there is some variety, but i still know everything coming. i'll listen to the same album over and over again too.

creepycrawler
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2017, 9:54 pm

I often loop the three Zerg tracks from the original StarCraft when I'm working on homework. It makes me a happy little drone.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 3:45 am

I definitely do that all the time.

Khiori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2018, 7:34 am

Most recently, when I was obsessed with Community, I listened to the theme song on loop for a few hours at a time every day. I also have a Radiohead album that I listen to on loop to calm down and I like to listen to the Monk soundtrack on loop while I'm cleaning. When I was a kid, I got ahold of a VHS my dad had made full of eighties music videos, you could definitely tell where my favorite song was because I wore out the tape in just that one spot!

jikijiki53
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2018, 8:36 am

Surely I do. However, after about a month of listening to the same song I find something new to listen to.

I believe this has something to do with my ADHD.

LisaM1031

31 May 2018, 10:22 am

I do this too. I will hear a song that catches my ear and then have to play it on YouTube like 10 times.

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 10:39 am

Sethno wrote:
By the way...I do NOT think most people do this, despite claims made. It's got to be a spectrum thing.

Think so?

I do this all the time. Recently it was "Song for zula," it was days all day long on repeat and something else would come on and I would feel compelled to switch it back.

I never sung "lullabies" to my children just old Leonard cohen songs as I know all the lyrics by heart.