autism & age regression/age dreaming as a coping mechanism

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2023, 11:29 am

Age regression can be involuntary, in which it's considered a symptom of a larger problem and trauma. Or it can be voluntary, where the individual does it to cope or even just for fun.

I randomly decided to pretend I was a young child while falling asleep last night. And I have not felt so secure in ages. It was heavenly.
Nothing NSFW involved. Just pretending to be a child and abandoning the worries of adulthood for a time.

I realize this is a weird topic, but I am quite weird as it is, being a furry already. Aside from having a fursuit (costume) I do stuff like wear dog collars and dog ears in public - which isn't necessarily something all furries do. But I do. I embrace my weirdness.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

swrider
Raven
Raven

22 Aug 2023, 11:57 am

I think it is wonderful. If it help you go for it. I can't say I've ever regressed but I have many little tendencies and they do make me happier. They've always been a part of me though so I don't necessarily regret to use and enjoy them.

Out of curiosity how do people respond to you collar and ears?

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2023, 11:58 am

swrider wrote:
Out of curiosity how do people respond to you collar and ears?

Mostly they seem to ignore them. I guess people probably stare, but I don't look for it and I'm not good at noticing when they do.

swrider
Raven
Raven

22 Aug 2023, 12:05 pm

That is fair enough. I don't normally think about what I wear. Except when it comes to little style clothing then I get extremely self conscious.

Do you think you will experiment more with age regression?

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2023, 12:07 pm

swrider wrote:
That is fair enough. I don't normally think about what I wear. Except when it comes to little style clothing then I get extremely self conscious.

Do you think you will experiment more with age regression?

I think I will, the feeling of comfort was good & I may try to see if it helps with depression episodes too. I don't live alone, so not sure if I will get any obviously little items. I have plenty of stuffed animals though. ^^

swrider
Raven
Raven

22 Aug 2023, 12:18 pm

Stuffies are great! I also have a special blanket with a satin boarder that my wife made for me. I love it. In fact I carry my stuffed gorilla apey and the blanket with me when I travel.