Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

GabrielPaivaBr
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Nov 2013, 5:45 pm

First of all, a brief introduction: my name is Gabriel, I'm 17 years old and, although I've joined WP about an year ago, I almost never post anything (and I don't like my silly username). But I like reading many topics. I really relate myself to autism, although I'm not diagnosed, and I also sort of relate to a lot of people here. And I'd like to discuss some things that sometimes bothers me a bit, and might bother you as well.
So, the thing is, sometimes I am cought thinking about experiences, more especifically, experiences that I might never have, or that people arround me (that is, mostly teenagers) already had, and I hadn't.
Sometimes, I feel quite anoyed with the fact that I'm not engaged I'm the social events and situations. Not that I am that interested in them, but I think that I'd like sometimes to know "what's going on". It would be good not to feel different most of the time, and to somehow share the excitement and the "hability" that most people have with such things.
And there's also thoughs that are a bit silly, like this one: "I'll never be that special to a girl because I'll never get the chance to, I don't know, be the first boy that she kissed, or that she had something new with" (Yeah, I'm that stupid).
And there is also this constant anxiety felt when I have a new experience, pricipally if it is not expected. I really try to get better at this, but my progress is too slow.
I know that some parts of my post might sound dramatic, too "teenage" and silly, but I'd like to know if any of you share feelings and thoughts similar to mine.
Thanks for everyone who has/had the patience to read this, and sorry for any english mistakes.

Epsilon
Toucan
Toucan

04 Nov 2013, 8:18 pm

I often think about such things as well (17 too), but also think about all the experience that I have had that most teenagers never had and never will have. As for social events, I also agree; I never understood the excitement surrounding things like sweet 16s yet do wonder what they're all about since teenagers talk about them so much.