Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jerkamie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2013, 2:35 pm

Anyone else feel like they can't make plans in advance with anyone because you just don't know how you are going to be feeling that day? So to get around this people just keep bugging you constantly and every day it feels like a contest to see who's going to be the most annoying.. who's going to win it today?

When I make plans it's like a count down starts in your head and its just ticking down the time until annoyance. I often say to myself alright I have 2 days off from people then I know someones going to bug me to fix their computer or have lunch with them. :roll:

rainkins
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Nov 2013, 3:14 pm

For myself, I wouldn't describe it as annoyance, but I do have a pretty low tolerance for "doing stuff" (i.e., basically anything that involves leaving my house when I don't want to), and anytime I haven't really "done stuff" in a while, I start to feel a vague sense of anxiety knowing that more "stuff" is sure to be around the corner. People don't bug me very much to make plans, though, which may just be because I keep a fairly low profile in most areas of my life and when I don't make the effort to make plans with people they tend to forget all about me and do stuff with their more available friends instead.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 3:33 pm

Hmm, I don't quite know what you mean by annoyance, but I know that I often make plans and feel like each day until then is like a ''count down''. As each day passes, I feel less enthusiastic, until the very day, which is when I suddenly become indecisive of whether to force myself to go or to just give in to myself and drop out of the plan I had promised myself (or other people) that I will do.

The only annoyance I get is getting annoyed at myself for being so boring and not wanting to do anything, yet getting upset because I don't go anywhere.

Monolithe
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Nov 2013, 3:38 pm

Well, i usually need to know a few days in advance if i am to meet with someone, this so that i have some time to prepare for it, and also so that i have time to make up my mind if it doesn't work out as planned. I often end up feeling emotionally drained after having been in social situations, so i prefer meeting up with people on day's we're I'm "high on energy" instead of "low".
But on the other hand, i get what you mean about that it at times also can be somewhat difficult to make plans in advance since you don't know what might happen in between. But that's when one makes the best out of the situation. For example if you realize that you won't handle being around whoever you are to meet for as long as planned, you can agree that you will spend less time with each other that day, and save it for some other time.

I don't know if i understand, but in your case is the problem that you some times aren't quite in the mood to meet people, or is the issue that to many people wan'ts to meet up with you at the same time? - Aka overload

Jerkamie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2013, 5:30 pm

Maybe because I'm a delivery driver and I have to meet so many new people a day, by the end of my shift I'm drained and just want to go home. I always thought it was just the driving wearing me out. I get home and then few people will text me if I'd like to do something, and yes I feel so annoyed telling them no, but they bug and bug me to come out that I end up being annoyed. It seems like the person who bugs the most wins.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 11:02 pm

My feelings are irrelevant; I can do stuff no matter how I feel.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 2:38 am

Joe90 wrote:
Hmm, I don't quite know what you mean by annoyance, but I know that I often make plans and feel like each day until then is like a ''count down''. As each day passes, I feel less enthusiastic, until the very day, which is when I suddenly become indecisive of whether to force myself to go or to just give in to myself and drop out of the plan I had promised myself (or other people) that I will do.

The only annoyance I get is getting annoyed at myself for being so boring and not wanting to do anything, yet getting upset because I don't go anywhere.

Well-put. I get like this too.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Monolithe
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2013, 3:34 am

Jerkamie wrote:
Maybe because I'm a delivery driver and I have to meet so many new people a day, by the end of my shift I'm drained and just want to go home. I always thought it was just the driving wearing me out. I get home and then few people will text me if I'd like to do something, and yes I feel so annoyed telling them no, but they bug and bug me to come out that I end up being annoyed. It seems like the person who bugs the most wins.

Aha, i see i think i would find some frustration in that to if i were in your shoes.
You'r friends keep nagging on you even when you've given them a no? No wonder you get annoyed, that would annoy me to. I guess it's a sign that they like hanging out with you/care about you, but then on the other hand either if coming from a friend or not, a no is a no, so they should be able to learn to settle with it when you decline an invitation.