Yes 64%  64%  [ 30 ]
No 23%  23%  [ 11 ]
Good question 13%  13%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 47

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 12:17 pm

:roll: Heard of bacteria? A lot of cases of people becoming sick from food derives from people serving the food haven't washed their hands (either haven't washed them or haven't washed them well enough) after going to the bathroom. When people used alcoholic swabs during the swine flu epidemic, they got less stomach problems. People's hygiene is generally not good enough. Now to put the part where the coli bacteria and other gut flora exit (yes, they do exit with natural body functions) will be directly on the couch makes it the equivalent of a toilet, yes, even without the feces.
No-one suggested they 'go' on the sofa :roll:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 12:27 pm

Yes, I know of problems caused by bad hygiena. What does that have to do with being naked? Do you now want to talk about people that are spreading bacteria, because of them not having propper hygiena, or do you want to talk about running naked in your house?

Just like you are free to eat Pizza with Cola, noone forces you to do that. So there is no link between Pizza and Cola, as there is nothing forcing me to not care for my hygiena, only because of me running around naked in my house.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 12:42 pm

Speaking of sitting on couches naked and complaining about bacteria, it reminds me of seeing people online complain about parents putting their babies and young children on the counter and I had seen a sign at the post office saying "Please do not place kids on the counter." I guess they would rather have the kid run around then while you are trying to put the address on the package to ship off but yet people are also bothered by that. Damned if you do, damned if you don't :roll: Also I never got the bacteria part, kids have clothes on so the counter top is still clean and that is their reason for their fuss about it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 1:49 pm

Certainly. Forcing clothing on them even in private when it doesn't matter can lead to problems later.

My parents mandated that I at least wear my underwear but otherwise it wasn't a problem. And there was a rule that I had to wear clothes when company was at the house.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 2:18 am

As long as they're in their rooms, there shouldn't be a problem.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 5:40 am

Naked is natural

Something so natural and yet we, as a society, are often freaked by it. It reminds me of sex...big taboo, big no no, but many people are doing it or the population wouldn't be as high as it.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 5:47 am

Skilpadde wrote:
:roll: Heard of bacteria? A lot of cases of people becoming sick from food derives from people serving the food haven't washed their hands (either haven't washed them or haven't washed them well enough) after going to the bathroom. When people used alcoholic swabs during the swine flu epidemic, they got less stomach problems. People's hygiene is generally not good enough. Now to put the part where the coli bacteria and other gut flora exit (yes, they do exit with natural body functions) will be directly on the couch makes it the equivalent of a toilet, yes, even without the feces.
No-one suggested they 'go' on the sofa :roll:

If I sit naked on my couch I don't spread my arse cheeks before I sit down on it. Right now my posterior is padded enough to make sure nothing gets where it shouldn't. They kind of squash up together like two buffalos trying to fit into a sardine tin.

Someone has informed me that once again I forgot my smiley to imply I am trying to be humorous so: :D

Edit done!

Last edited by bumble on 21 Nov 2013, 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 5:51 am

Plus it really does make sure that no one else sits on my seat when they visit me.

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2013, 7:47 am

Skilpadde wrote:
HDLMatchette wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
HDLMatchette wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
No. It's unhygienic and they need to adapt as early as possible. If anyone wants to be nude in their own home, they should be and live alone IMO.
I don't have children or siblings but I would certainly not appreciate it if I had and they thought it was okay to walk around naked, and it's something I would never do myself.

And what about if they have visitors? Should the child still be allowed to run around naked seeing as they're still in their own home?

Good point, Librarian, but the question was asked so I'll give my two cents just the same.

what about with the drapes closed? what if they're sensitive to clothes not matter what you try to do?

I agree with what Metalwolf already said about that. Plus, the drapes being closed doesn't address uncomfortable family members, or the hygienic issue. If I happen to touch my couch I'd like for that to not be equal to touching the toilet.

what if they are comfortable?

Even if the family is comfortable, it still doesn't address the hygiene issue, so no. The only way it would be acceptable were if they were adult and living alone (they'd still have to take neighbors and curtains into consideration), or were only going nude in the privacy of their bedroom (still the curtain thing), where they alone live and change the bed and they alone use the chair etc. If they share the bedroom with a sibling, then no.
I think it's ludicrous to to put out towels to sit on. Just wear clothes. That's what they're for. For prepubescent children, shorts at the very least.

what is so wrong with nudity in one's own home and only related to sex to you?

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 11:02 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Speaking of sitting on couches naked and complaining about bacteria, it reminds me of seeing people online complain about parents putting their babies and young children on the counter and I had seen a sign at the post office saying "Please do not place kids on the counter." I guess they would rather have the kid run around then while you are trying to put the address on the package to ship off but yet people are also bothered by that. Damned if you do, damned if you don't :roll: Also I never got the bacteria part, kids have clothes on so the counter top is still clean and that is their reason for their fuss about it.

This reminds me of one of my biggest pet peeves. The reason I don't use shopping carts. Talk about bacteria. How many children do you see sitting or standing inside of the basket part of the shopping cart with their dirty shoes and everything? I even saw one kid who peed on himself while in the cart basket and his mum left him in there. And who knows what those kids stepped in before the got in there. And then people are going to put their food in the carts. I saw one mum, when she got to the register, take her three year old out of the cart after he had been walking with his shoes all over the food and then yell at him because he sat on the floor and she told him to get up because the floor was dirty. I asked her why she had a problem with him sitting on the floor but not walking all over the food with his dirty shoes and she said because the food was wrapped. But I still don't see how that makes sense. I don't keep outdoor dirty shoes in my fridge, cabinets and kitchen food prep surfaces so why would I want your dirty shoes in my shopping cart. Go figure.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 11:09 pm

If I sit naked on the couch I always use a towel. I don't want secretions of any kind on the furniture. This is probably more of a concern for women because we tend to secrete more. Also if you pass gas sometimes it can be a little more than just gas. So I like the idea of having towels around.

Wreck It Ralph

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2020, 10:29 pm

I know my parents don't like it when I go around without clothes, so I just do it in my room.