Did it take you a longer time to learn how to jump?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Housedays
Raven
Raven

19 Nov 2013, 7:09 pm

I know for me, it took me a longer time than most kids before I could jump. I was pretty embarrassed back then knowing that I couldn't do it yet, when other kids knew how to already.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2013, 8:10 pm

Jump? i dont think so, but didn walk until i was like 4 or 5.

Was born a pretty fat baby, so i imagine jumping wouldn have been easy.

Dannyboy271
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2013, 10:19 pm

As for me, no. I've always been able to jump well over the average. As for my also autistic little sister, she's about ten or eleven years old, and she cant really jump. I mean she can try, but she does it very wrong. I've had her practice because shes wanted to do parkour like I do, but instead of jumping, she starts from a full standing position, and tries to extend herself completely without crouching or retracting. It gives her about an inch or two clearance.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 1:10 pm

I could jump like jumping up and down normally, as far as I know, but jumping down from something over 2 feet in height--forget it. I can't judge heights and I always forget that it's not the distance from my eyes to the ground, but from my feet to the ground, which is about 5 feet less. Maybe if I had eyes in my feet... :lol:

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 1:46 pm

No, i think i had that down by a normal age. Skipping (jump rope) was another matter. I couldn't do it properly until, as an adult, I was determined to teach myself for exercise purposes. Even now, it's quite a feat if I can go a full 20 seconds without fouling up the rope in me feet.

Housedays
Raven
Raven

20 Nov 2013, 11:42 pm

MrStewart wrote:
No, i think i had that down by a normal age. Skipping (jump rope) was another matter. I couldn't do it properly until, as an adult, I was determined to teach myself for exercise purposes. Even now, it's quite a feat if I can go a full 20 seconds without fouling up the rope in me feet.

Yeah. I don't think I was ever able to jump rope.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 12:29 am

I had trouble learning to jump, skip, swim, ride a bike, tie my shoes, catch a ball, kick a ball, put my clothing on correctly, organize anything, polish my nails, braid my hair, burp and fart on cue,play a musical instrument, and I never could figure out knitting, crocheting, or embroidering. Things haven;t changed much.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 2:34 am

I didn't learn how to jump until I was 6. I remember my dad teaching me one day and after that, I got it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 8:22 am

I saw myself jumping in the home video when I was two because Mom told me to jump so I got off the couch and started jumping when she meant she wanted me to jump to the spot she was pointing at with her hand and I didn't understand. I don't know what age kids start to jump so I assume I did it at a normal age.

But I could never jump really high or jump far as other kids so I sucked in track for it. I didn't get good at jumping rope until I was eight. I could always jump off things as long as I can remember or jump over things.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 12:49 am

I think I learned at a normal age, I was never any good at it though. I also sucked at track, my long jump was only maybe a couple feet and high jump I was always the first eliminated.

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 2:37 am

Sorry if I seem offensive , but how can You not learn how to jump? If You couldn't walk until then I could understand.

Me meanwhile could not speak until I was about 4 , I was a lazy bastard picking up English :D

Housedays
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2013, 11:50 am

Fisplen wrote:
Sorry if I seem offensive , but how can You not learn how to jump?

I don't know. I was wondering the same thing back then when I couldn't yet jump.