THIS is how I've been treating myself w/ miraculous results.

Page 4 of 13 [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

birds
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Nov 2013, 7:53 pm

admittedly i only skimmed the OP and the rest of this thread, but OP's writing sounds a lot like what might be produced by someone in a manic state. maybe a cure for autism isn't what you need.

delaSHANE
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 8:02 pm

I'm 3 weeks, new to WP. Perhaps this isn't the right place for me.

Enjoy, and kindest regards.

Shane

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 10:49 pm

grahamguitarman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
grahamguitarman wrote:
Looks to me like you found a good if extreme cure for your candida, and that helps you then I'm happy that you have recovered from your illness.

I still disbelieve your claims of a cure for autism though, simply because there is no medical evidence that you ever had autism apart from having read a couple of books :roll:

I see no correlation whatsoever between a diet with enemas and curing a neurological condition like autism - if it was that simple then scientists would have already started to develop those regimes.

Here in Europe where it would be far cheaper to cure autism through a diet than it is to provide all the help and support those with ASD require from their governments.

I do see diet as being essential to good health, both mental and physical, and I'm very conscious and careful of what I eat, but I don't kid myself that any diet is going to cure my ASD.

The evidence I have is my lifetime of experiences that match precisely to Autism/Asperger's as described in detail in The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome by Dr. Tony Attwood as well as to the autobiographies of John Michael Carley & John Elder Robison etc. whether you believe me or not makes no difference to what I know to be true. Further, I know what's changed in the last 6 months or so & it is Night & Day differences. I have never been happier or healthier in my entire life, and the autism/other symptoms are down ~95%.

This is directed to you, but also to everyone else in general:

why hypothesize about me being incorrect and make assumptions and jump to conclusions rather than be open minded about the possibility that what physically afflicted me and caused these symptoms MAY be the same in you.. and in turn, the possibility that what I've done that's benefited me immensely may also work for you? why not try it and find out for yourself, your health, your life vs. make up reasons not to? If you try it and do it religiously you'll notice significant benefits within the first few weeks or so. It won't take 6 months to figure out whether it's doing you any good or not. Also, take a look at an iridology chart & check out your own iris' for indication of leaky gut as a preliminary diagnostic tool.

To each their own; but I choose health.

I don't need to make up reasons not to do your 'cure', why make up reasons when I have plenty of real reasons not to bother?

My physical health is fine thanks - I have no problems that could be linked to diet etc, because I'm always careful to watch my diet. I cook everything myself from fresh ingredients just to be sure that there is nothing unnatural going into my body. I never touch anything that isn't organic and fresh, and avoid anything with additives and preservatives in them. Something I have done for 30+ years now.

I have no intention of trying your herbal enemas and extreme diet because I have no health issues that would warrant such an extreme solution.

And I stand by my assertion that you cannot cure autism with a diet. Autism is a neurological condition which develops in very early development and cannot be reversed once it happens.

You cannot rewire your brain with a diet and herbal enema's, not ever.

All you did was cure your candida

Your physical health may be decent, but your mental health isn't perfect or you wouldn't likely be here and identify as Autistic. Yeast don't discriminate between organic/natural sugars and GMO/HFCS sugars. I personally know people who appear to be in excellent physical health, eat organic/natural diets, yet still have an overgrowth of intestinal yeast. All it takes is a course of antibiotics and then a diet rich in fruits and natural sugars, dairy, some chocolate/alcohol/stimulants/vinegar etc. Just because you look/feel healthy & consume natural foods doesn't mean you don't have candidiasis.

You have Autism, that would be something that would warrant trying a diet for a few weeks to see if it begins improving your symptoms.

Really? You know what causes Autism & that it's neurological and not digestive even though the digestive system is now being called "the second brain," ?? Do tell us all about your extensive research, and please don't forget to include your credentials.

Again, you're assuming the brain must be "rewired," to reduce/eliminate Autism symptoms. why? I've explained exactly how this phenomenon occurs. It's a food chemical induced drug trip caused by leaky gut caused by intestinal dysbiosis/candidiasis. That's what's responsible for the neurological chemical imbalances responsible for my Autism symptoms. I know this to be certain because of the dramatic night and day improvements I've experienced over the last 6 months of treating myself via diet etc.

Correct, I'm curing my candida - which in turn is eliminating the adhd/ocd/tourettes/Autism/dyspraxia/depression/anxiety etc symptoms because it's been the root cause of all of it all along.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 10:57 pm

grahamguitarman wrote:
delaSHANE wrote:
Why are all of you, so mean? Someone tried to share something with others, out of the goodness of their heart, because he obtained results that could profoundly impact others. He is not attempting to sell anything. He is not attempting to convince anyone of anything, but at this point it might seem that way to you, because he has now been subjected to your horribly negative, rude and unnecessary remarks, and in turn, is attempting to help you understand, that this is something that worked for him, and that he is simply wanting to share it so that others can experience the same positive impact, period. That is all.

Perhaps it would be best for you to move on. Find a different topic of discussion to invest yourself in, that is not going to be so upsetting to you.

Why is Goldfish so determined to thrust his extreme diet on people who obviously don't believe him? For someone who is just trying to help he is being awfully forceful in his exhortations to subject ourselves to his 'diet'!

When someone posts outrageous claims that have absolutely no scientific basis, and then expects us to become guinea pigs to test his crackpot theories it is only natural that people will criticise him.

If you want to subject yourself to this nonsense purely on the word of a complete stranger with no medical or scientific background then go ahead.

But I will trust to properly documented and peer reviewed neuroscience for my information thank you very much.

I am genuinely trying to be of help to others as this has truly changed my life for the better. Like I said, I won't lose any sleep over you not getting healthier. I'm simply offering what I've learned and experienced, feel free to take it or leave it.

My claims are not outrageous. They are what I've experienced. I've shared the scientific basis for it. why be such a naysayer vs. trying the simple diet for 2-3 weeks and seeing if it begins to benefit you? within my first couple weeks or so the most notable improvements were my sky high anxiety levels bottoming right out & my sensory overload/audio sensitivity decreasing immensely. I was able to go out to dinner with a group at a busy pub w/o wanting to have my headphones in and ignore everyone, whereas I'd had my headphones in on low volume for the previous year or so just to take the edge off of social anxiety and audio hypersensitivity.

Just because I haven't formally studied sciences/medicine doesn't mean I haven't studied them at all. You can trust your studies all you want, I'll trust what I'm experiencing in real life.

For what it's worth: Before I even knew I had leaky gut my herbalist friend had told me that there have been people who have healed their leaky guts with nothing but herbs. I was in complete disbelief and literally had a bit of a laugh at that, trying to hold back my laughter so as not to offend him. And here I am today armed with a whole lot more knowledge AND I'm now one of those people healing my own leaky gut with nothing but herbs, vitamins, and supplements. You are what you eat.. feed your body the right building blocks and it can heal/repair anything.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 12:02 am

grahamguitarman wrote:
He knew perfectly well that he was going to get a negative feedback because he has been rambling on about his miracle cure for autism for many weeks before posting this thread, and many like myself have called BS on him for it.

If he was just selling this idea as alleviating some of the symptoms of autism then I would not have even bothered to comment. But he has been making claims for weeks now that he has cured autism!

If a medical professional tells me that this will solve all my problems then maybe I'll take it seriously. But since that is highly unlikely to happen I'll continue to consider this nothing more than voodoo nonsense.

As stated multiple times, I posted my raw first draft vs. editing & formatting it because people here are impatient and I'm a busy guy lately.

I've managed to alleviate pretty much ALL of the symptoms I've been experiencing very strongly the last few years, that is correct. I've never said I've CURED it, but I have stated that I'm going to find out if it is a complete and permanent cure to all of these symptoms by continuing on with the process until my leaky gut is healed.

Feel free to consult a medical professional about leaky gut then. I highly recommend my good friend Doctor J. Keyzer, ND.

You can consider it voodoo nonsense all you want, but it is what it is and I'm being nothing but completely honest and transparent about what I've done and the results I've achieved for myself. I have nothing to gain personally by you getting healthier, nor nothing to lose if you don't. I only bother to reply to refute your negativity and point out that since you have not tried what I'm proposing you cannot possibly know that it won't work for you.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 12:04 am

delaSHANE wrote:
I'm 3 weeks, new to WP. Perhaps this isn't the right place for me.

Enjoy, and kindest regards.

Shane

Nah, don't do that. If you want to hang here, do it. As for the negativity & cynicism from others, I chalk it up to symptoms of their own Autism/depression etc and don't take it personally since their moods and thinking don't affect me whatsoever.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 12:09 am

wozeree wrote:
Goldfish is telling anyone who won't try his nutty diet that they're choosing to not be healthy, which while I'm not a doctor, indicates some form of grandiose thinking problem to me. You and he both need to take him a little less seriously. And if you would go giving yourself herb enemas and restricting your diet so drastically based on what has been presented here and how it has been presented, you might have bigger issues than Autism. That's not meant as a put down, people can't take medical advice from an anonymous rambling guy on the internet. And nobody has been mean to him, we're just not pretending that he's handed us the keys to the kingdom.

How many people in this thread commented that they couldn't even read what he wrote? You try and explain that to him and he tells you again to go read it or to spend your time wading through his murky links. Yeah right, it's our responsibility to wade through that mess, otherwise we have been mean to him and are throwing our health down the toilet.

I'm really only telling you this because I'm supposed to be cleaning my apartment and I'm avoiding it, I don't really expect to change your mind.

As I said earlier, do as you've always done and get as you've always got. what have you got to lose by trying this? Probably nothing. And what have you got to gain? Potentially, like myself, e v e r y t h i n g. So don't go full on with it instantly, ease into it & see how the basic diet goes for a few weeks.. experience benefits and then maybe you'll take the rest of what I've written a little more seriously vs. writing it off as bs.

I may be some rambling guy on the internet to you, but I've done this in real life and have realized the benefits. Give it a shot and you'll either prove or disprove it for yourself within the first few weeks. Then you can have some basis in reality from which to criticize this diet protocol vs. shooting it down with no justifiable reason and being rude in the process.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 1:01 am

delaSHANE wrote:
Why are all of you, so mean? Someone tried to share something with others, out of the goodness of their heart, because he obtained results that could profoundly impact others. He is not attempting to sell anything. He is not attempting to convince anyone of anything, but at this point it might seem that way to you, because he has now been subjected to your horribly negative, rude and unnecessary remarks, and in turn, is attempting to help you understand, that this is something that worked for him, and that he is simply wanting to share it so that others can experience the same positive impact, period. That is all.

Perhaps it would be best for you to move on. Find a different topic of discussion to invest yourself in, that is not going to be so upsetting to you.

I agree! What's with all the hate? Goldfish21's approach may seem extreme -- and I kind of agree with a previous poster that the detail involved here fits an autistic special interest -- but he's not harming anyone by being enthusiastic about something. Not much different from a born-again Christian or a new ex-smoker, if you ask me. They are so excited by their transformation that they want to share it with the world. They want everyone to feel the way they do. Oh, and I DID read the whole thing, although I didn't click on the links.

Goldfish21, I applaud your efforts, and I'm glad you're feeling so much better. It's WAY more effort than I would be willing to put in -- I'm lazy :wink: -- but good for you if it's working. You actually hit on a couple of things I've thought about recently -- the systemic yeast infection, getting enough sleep and the magnesium deficiency. A friend of mine had been checked out and found that she was full of Candidiasis. I know that yeast lives on sugar. I have crazy sugar and carb cravings, and have wondered for some time if the two are related, and I have the same thing. I vaguely recall from past reading -- memory fails at the moment alas -- some symptoms that I have that suggest a magnesium deficiency, and have been meaning to start taking magnesium supplements. And finally, my mother claims that my panic attacks are more frequent and my AS traits more pronounced when I haven't had enough sleep.

Once again, congrats on your efforts. It's extreme to me, but different things work for different people. If you have the time, inclination and energy to pursue such a course, go for it. The rest of y'all need to lighten up and give our friend a break.

Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 1:43 am

Webalina wrote:
I have crazy sugar and carb cravings, and have wondered for some time if the two are related, and I have the same thing.

Quite possibly. I've read that the yeast attach themselves to the liver and inject it with chemicals to send signals to the brain to make you crave the sugary foods it thrives on. I've brought this to the attention of my twin brother a few times over the months (he still refuses to try this diet so far) as he eats mass quantities of sugary foods like you wouldn't believe.. as if he were the biggest stoner on the planet, meanwhile he's never ever smoked pot. He, like I did, has many other physical symptoms of it.. but the carb cravings can certainly be a telltale sign.

Thanks for the rest of your post.

And to everyone: If you've identified a different cause of Autism symptoms and how to treat it, I'm all ears.

WarWraith
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Nov 2013, 3:11 am

Here's my basic problem with it. There are *so many* dietary changes that you made, there's no way to know *which* of the changes may have sublimated your apparent symptoms.

So, let's say that the dietary changes (some/all of them) fixed some of the physical issues sapping your energy. OK, you now have more energy. If I had more energy, I'd find it a lot easier to manage my ASD behaviours. They tireder I am, the harder I find it to cope, and the more "aspie" I become - and vice versa.

And... you can't discount the placebo effect. That's actual science - if you've had some physical improvements, you might be, for want of a better word, believing yourself well.

However, I'd tend to agree with some of the others who've commented that for someone who's "fixed" most of their autistic symptoms, your post reads like a "special interest".

Anyway, I'm not discounting the idea that it actually did something for you, but claiming that it will fix autism is a very long bow to draw, and feels like it sails awfully close to Wakeford's enterocolitis autism claims.

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Nov 2013, 4:29 am

goldfish21 wrote:
grahamguitarman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
grahamguitarman wrote:

Really? You know what causes Autism & that it's neurological and not digestive even though the digestive system is now being called "the second brain," ?? Do tell us all about your extensive research, and please don't forget to include your credentials.

That's rich coming from someone who claims to have a cure for autism but has no scientific / medical credentials himself. The difference is that I'm not making outrageous claims with no scientific evidence to support those claims, so why would I need credentials?

I'm not going to take medical advice from an engineer, any more than I would take legal advice from a plumber!

BTW the gut may be called the 'second brain', but it is not a cognitive brain, just an automated system to monitor and control the digestive system so that the brain doesn't have to. The entire neurological system in the gut, if brought together, would only make a brain the size of a domestic cat's.

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Nov 2013, 4:35 am

WarWraith wrote:
Here's my basic problem with it. There are *so many* dietary changes that you made, there's no way to know *which* of the changes may have sublimated your apparent symptoms.

So, let's say that the dietary changes (some/all of them) fixed some of the physical issues sapping your energy. OK, you now have more energy. If I had more energy, I'd find it a lot easier to manage my ASD behaviours. They tireder I am, the harder I find it to cope, and the more "aspie" I become - and vice versa.

And... you can't discount the placebo effect. That's actual science - if you've had some physical improvements, you might be, for want of a better word, believing yourself well.

However, I'd tend to agree with some of the others who've commented that for someone who's "fixed" most of their autistic symptoms, your post reads like a "special interest".

Anyway, I'm not discounting the idea that it actually did something for you, but claiming that it will fix autism is a very long bow to draw, and feels like it sails awfully close to Wakeford's enterocolitis autism claims.

Yeah I kept thinking about wakefield and his enterocolitis claims too.

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 8:42 am

WarWraith wrote:

Except so many of the dietary changes are all to the same end: stop fuelling the infection with foods it thrives on, feed yourself foods that kill the infection, feed yourself foods that repair the damage done by the infection, feed yourself probiotics to rebalance the gut.

The benefits are not just physical/energy. They're neurological. Nearly every symptom of adhd/ocd/tourettes/autism/dyspraxia/depression/anxiety etc have been nearly eliminated. Everything from the hyperactivity of excessive talking to the propensity to do things with one hand vs. two to fine motor skills/balance/coordination to just generally thinking, and therefore feeling, much much better.

"Special interest," or not, it is what it is - and in the beginning, yes, I'd agree.. I did take a special interest in this regiment and my health. I was able to utilize the one-track-mind special interest nature of autism to help myself treat it.

I've never heard of wakeford's enterocolitis autism claims & thus have no idea what you're talking about.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 8:49 am

grahamguitarman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
grahamguitarman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
grahamguitarman wrote:

That's rich coming from someone who claims to have a cure for autism but has no scientific / medical credentials himself. The difference is that I'm not making outrageous claims with no scientific evidence to support those claims, so why would I need credentials?

I'm not going to take medical advice from an engineer, any more than I would take legal advice from a plumber!

BTW the gut may be called the 'second brain', but it is not a cognitive brain, just an automated system to monitor and control the digestive system so that the brain doesn't have to. The entire neurological system in the gut, if brought together, would only make a brain the size of a domestic cat's.

I was being facetious due to your posts about me not being a scientist/doctor.

I'm not making outrageous claims. I'm telling you exactly what I'm experiencing and the process to which I've achieved it so that you, or anyone here, can give it a shot themselves.

So don't take medical advice from an Engineer (I do not have an Iron Ring) - take it from someone who's successfully treating the same thing you're afflicted with.

The gut may not be a cognitive brain, but I've read that there are more signals travelling from the gut to the brain than the brain to the gut - so it's a rather extensive automating monitoring & reporting system that has more influence over the central nervous system than you likely believe.

In the list of links I posted at the bottom, scroll down to the link to the article that I wrote a little blurb about it being particularly interesting & relevant to this discussion. You'll see that Autism researchers have discovered that there are a few probiotic bacteria strains commonly missing in Autistic individuals. This is pretty strong evidence of gut dysbiosis being correlated to Autism symptoms - and it's not from a study I've personally done on myself, it's something that was published in the news.

Again, knocking what I'm doing and have accomplished does absolutely nothing for you or your argument against my statements. Try it, even just the diet in it's most basic form, and prove that it does or does not work for you & then you'll have some basis from which to debate this vs. armchair cynicism with no basis in reality.

kcizzle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Nov 2013, 11:32 am

I've read through the thread now and I'm really pleased for the OP. Seriously, well done and glad you've found a way to help yourself. I have no idea why people are giving you a hard time. You did it, it worked for you, it might work for someone else or not, you shared. So thanks :)
I think people get wrapped up in their own little world and forget we're not the Borg. We're individuals who share some symptoms and don't share a lot of others along with our various comorbids and environments so things may or may not work. I've found Vit D supplements (I was severely deficient before) help my mood and general well being. They might not work for everyone, but I know they work for me. Maybe they'd also help someone else. I think goldfish21 has done something positive by sharing his experience and hopefully it helps someone else.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 12:03 pm

I think this entire thread and the ones that proceeded it could be exhibited somewhere as excellent examples of problematic Aspie behaviors:

1. Special interest

2. Long rambling posts about such special interests (difficulties with communicating clearly)

3. Repeated attempts to get people to understand what is so special about your special interest, using the same words over and over to do it, not understanding you are doing that

4. Confusing your passion for your special interest with diagnostic expertise in the medical field, so much that you are diagnosing EVERYONE who has autism with leaky gut

5. Thinking that because it's your special interest others should be as enthusiastic about it

6. Total inability to read the social cues in what we are telling you - that we shouldn't trust you because there is no reason to (not because you're a bad guy or anything but these are medical claims and medicine is science). Not understanding that with certain people on this thread, the boat has sailed. You keep saying "try it" to people who will never try it, you're not getting what we're saying.

And yeah as I said, too much extreme grandiose thinking:

1. presenting a cure for autism and not understanding how bizarre such a claim is or that one person's anecdotal experience would never be considered a cure by anyone other than that person, nor should it be

2. thinking we are incorrect and being self destructive for not taking weird supplements and herbal enemas which could actually be harmful

I don't know if grandiose thinking is part of autism, but you sure have it.

Obviously, I'm not making a formal diagnosis, but since you are making claims of being cured and telling us how wonderful our lives will be if we go on your diet and can be like you are now, it's relevant to seek out the obvious indicators of the merit of your argument.