Are There Any Pop Culture Things You Are Obsessed about?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TheCrookedFingers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Nov 2013, 12:20 pm

fibonaccispiral777 wrote:
TheCrookedFingers wrote:
Right now I am obsessed with Radiohead, Community and Loki (as a movie character).
These are "casual" obsessions because they don't last very much, but they still give me the weird tingly "love" feeling :lol:

Glad to know someone else is addicted to Radiohead, I have been obsessed with the band for about 6 years now and have not tired of them at all. Absolutely wonderful band. I often wonder why more people with aspergers are not into them, they seem very aspie to me and Thom Yorke appears very socially awkward in interviews.

For me it's lasted foor about six months now, but I'm still in the honeymoon phase :lol:
I actually think Thom has gotten better at interviews, but when he was young he looked really really really uncomfortable (Jonny too of course, he hardly says anything in the interviews I've watched). I empathised a lot with Thom watching "meeting people is easy".

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 4:46 am

nope nothing. I don't even like Obama .

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 4:52 am

I like to ridcule the mainstream you could call that an obsession , all along I was ridculed growing up for my :" special intrests" now these jokers are all doing it eg video games I was right all along !

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 5:46 am

Zombies
Fallout

Granted, I was into both of those before they became popular.

Gayspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2013, 7:47 am

hi,
I am totally obsessed over Gok Wan, a UK fashion designer who is gay and supports anti bullying!! !

cheers :)

Last edited by magz on 22 Dec 2021, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.: Personal data removed

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2013, 10:56 am

TheCrookedFingers wrote:
fibonaccispiral777 wrote:
TheCrookedFingers wrote:
Right now I am obsessed with Radiohead, Community and Loki (as a movie character).
These are "casual" obsessions because they don't last very much, but they still give me the weird tingly "love" feeling :lol:

Glad to know someone else is addicted to Radiohead, I have been obsessed with the band for about 6 years now and have not tired of them at all. Absolutely wonderful band. I often wonder why more people with aspergers are not into them, they seem very aspie to me and Thom Yorke appears very socially awkward in interviews.

For me it's lasted foor about six months now, but I'm still in the honeymoon phase :lol:
I actually think Thom has gotten better at interviews, but when he was young he looked really really really uncomfortable (Jonny too of course, he hardly says anything in the interviews I've watched). I empathised a lot with Thom watching "meeting people is easy".

Yeah, I can definitely empathize with Johnny as well. I do not know whether that is him being shy or whether he is just rather indifferent to the questions and finds it easier to express himself through his music. He may feel that his fellow band members have more thoughts on the musical process and thus just allows them to answer. I don't know though. Yes! Meeting People is Easy is fantastic and I can empathize a lot as you can it seems- not having alot to say to people in interviews, the depression of living in the city, being surrounded by people who do not truly appreciate the work of your music but listened to creep and became fans after that one 'hit'. Apparently Thom Yorke was very depressed during that era and felt extremely suidical, which I can imagine is the case for a lot of celebrities who have to appear in the spotlight and a lot of pressure is on them to perform on stage and off. To me, meeting people is easy seemed very anti-capitalistic- the desolate shots of trains, people looking depressed on transport. There is one bit when Thom Yorke says the West is a massive Loan shark to third world countries., which I found interesting.

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2013, 10:58 am

aussiebloke wrote:
nope nothing. I don't even like Obama .

I don't believe anyone who says they don't have an interest in anything pop cultural. I think we are all part of it someway or another no matter how hard we try and transcend it. :) I may be wrong though.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 6:15 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Zombies
Fallout

Granted, I was into both of those before they became popular.

you could say the same with gta , 3 being my faverouite, 4 was a turd burger v was a flashy product that will become as fashionable as disco balls in a few years time , I think I'll just stick to Yakuza....

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 6:20 pm

ok I'll admit it radio head are ok :)