Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 5:20 pm

Am dealing with a new therapist. 3rd time in my life going on 28 years old. :-) Last two with the same company changed on me "great" I thought :-( This new one I started listing symptoms she asks "Have you ever heard of Asperger's?" I said yes she said I was textbook Asperger's and we connected the dots of my symptoms etc. WOW! Officially diagnosed now. Also major depression and anxiety due to Asperger's but WOW! It's OFFICIAL NOW after all these years. :-)

sign,Brandy

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 5:28 pm

Wow indeed. That is fantastic news. Sounds like you finally will get the help you deserve.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 5:40 pm

We have a lot in common there, Zelda: ASD, depression and anxiety. Kindred spirits. I know exactly how you feel. I'll toast to that when I get some eggnog later.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 5:49 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
We have a lot in common there, Zelda: ASD, depression and anxiety. Kindred spirits. I know exactly how you feel. I'll toast to that when I get some eggnog later.

Thank You. She suggested some breathing exercises to help with anxiety. I told her my treatment goal was dealing with family. You know from my many posts here they don't understand my meltdowns/depression/crying and believe "Get over it" etc. views. So dealing with family is my #1 goal since moving out isn't financially in the cards at the moment. Plus anxiety socially getting a job would be hard and such. Thanks! :-) Hope this does help me. I don't like loud ness + unknown crowds so avoid my little sisters school plays and also get major anxiety over every new college semester so will ask for advice on those 2 issues next session. She has also read Guide To Asperger's Sydrome by Dr. Tony Atwood and finds us interesting LOL! She has worked with Autistic children and sees Sheldon as an Aspie very understanding woman shocked! stunned still can't believe I'm officially diagnosed. thought I'd NEVER be officially diagnosed maybe this will help me keep my SSI disability check PHEW! :-)

Thanks.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 5:50 pm

Congratulations.

There's nothing like getting that confirmation after you have come to suspect it.

Then life goes on--but now you know.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 6:38 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

Thank You. She suggested some breathing exercises to help with anxiety. I told her my treatment goal was dealing with family. You know from my many posts here they don't understand my meltdowns/depression/crying and believe "Get over it" etc. views. So dealing with family is my #1 goal since moving out isn't financially in the cards at the moment. Plus anxiety socially getting a job would be hard and such. Thanks! :-) Hope this does help me. I don't like loud ness + unknown crowds so avoid my little sisters school plays and also get major anxiety over every new college semester so will ask for advice on those 2 issues next session. She has also read Guide To Asperger's Sydrome by Dr. Tony Atwood and finds us interesting LOL! She has worked with Autistic children and sees Sheldon as an Aspie very understanding woman shocked! stunned still can't believe I'm officially diagnosed. thought I'd NEVER be officially diagnosed maybe this will help me keep my SSI disability check PHEW! :-)

Thanks.

How are you able to do Black Friday of those I bolded bother you? They are also crowded and loud.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 6:45 pm

Congratulations! i know how relieving it feels to know whats been going on your entire life. i too was double confirmed on the spectrum this week.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 6:56 pm

League_Girl wrote:
zeldapsychology wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

Thanks.

How are you able to do Black Friday of those I bolded bother you? They are also crowded and loud.

Well for some psychological reasoning I block it out and focus on getting X item and and pretty quick on my feet dodging the crowds. I FOCUS on what my goal is "getting X item" Disney World again I focus on what ride/shop to get too and have a map so know where to go for each ride. There's no getting away from kids singing on stage you have to sit there 1hr.+ No avoiding my nephews birthday friends being loud in the same room as me (NO DS/iphone didn't help sadly still wanted to break down crying.) There's no "social map") When you have to slog through a performance and get flashback memories of your BAD school experiences. Disney World and Black Friday I'm fine though. Normal walmart shopping day GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY DAMN IT! :-)

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 6:58 pm

Does seem odd though I can handle Black Friday and Disney World but not normal socialization crowds. Odd.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 11:31 pm

Good for you!