Stemming? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 35

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 8:20 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
jk1 wrote:
Is that "Stemming thread..." thread in the Random Discussion sub-forum also meant to be "Stimming"?

Yes. Its about stimming. Not about branching off into new experiences, or anything else that the image of "stemming" might imply.

Thanks. I was wondering what that thread was about. I never posted there because I didn't know how other people's posts there related to "stemming" (whatever it is).

I would also like to point out that there are other mixups of words that seem to happen quite often.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 2:31 am

jk1 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
jk1 wrote:
Is that "Stemming thread..." thread in the Random Discussion sub-forum also meant to be "Stimming"?

Yes. Its about stimming. Not about branching off into new experiences, or anything else that the image of "stemming" might imply.

Thanks. I was wondering what that thread was about. I never posted there because I didn't know how other people's posts there related to "stemming" (whatever it is).

I would also like to point out that there are other mixups of words that seem to happen quite often.

The thing that annoys me about that thread is that the "Look at MEEEE I'm so random and cuh-ray-zee!" attitude that it's founded on has really nothing whatsoever to do with the motor stereotypies that are part of autism.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I