Anybody have any Aspie-related NYs Resolutions?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 1:21 am

I have a few to try to decrease stress in my life:

1. To hold my new plushie toy when I get stressed out at work instead of cursing and freaking out (it's small, it shouldn't be too weird).

2. Get to bed earlier and try to get a good nights sleep every night (ha it's already 1:17am) - is staying up late an Aspie thing? I think in my case it might be since I feel like I need time to recover from the work day.

3. Publish some books on Kindle that put my special interests to use.

4. Stop getting into dumb arguments!

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 1:44 am

I start answering ads on OKCupid then delete them. Thanks to my AvPD.

My New Year's resolution is to not let AvPD become the best of me. I don't know how but if I want my loneliness to end I have to try.

Another thing I'd like to do is improve my depression so I can get to the point where I'm writing and publishing short stories again.

I don't know how willing my car is, but I'd like to take some scenic trips through Washington. I understand it's a gorgeous place esp. the mountains.

LastSanityJermaine
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2013, 2:31 am

Practice 3D modeling and Programming everyday once I get my graphic design tablet and Unity programming book
Try to get a part time job to pay for equipment
Try to make a CGI cartoon so I can shame everyone at the talent show :twisted:
Try to focus on what's the best college I can get into for my special interest
Actually play the 56 steam games I have and not just 10 of them with more than 100 hours in them.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 2:33 am

No, not really. Just carrying on with health, fitness, financial & life goals. I suppose I could declutter my life (room/garage) a little better, but I'm not making a specific resolution about it.

redrobin62 wrote:
I don't know how willing my car is, but I'd like to take some scenic trips through Washington. I understand it's a gorgeous place esp. the mountains.

It's a beautiful drive from up here North of the border down through the Cascades to Leavenworth. Google maps says it's 117miles from Seattle to Leavenworth. It's approx 200miles each way for me & I've made the return trip in a day before. Leavenworth is a very cool little town.

Another trip that was very well worth while was taking the ferry from Anacortes wa to Orcas Island in the San Juans. Absolutely gorgeous Summer day trip. 8)

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 3:20 am

I don't believe in making New Year's resolutions, as it's kind of like making as promise to yourself to do something, and I am NOT good at keeping promises. Hence, I try to avoid making promises at all period, as I know that the wrong thing can, and likely will, break them at any time.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 3:26 am

^It's not appropriate for the 2013/2014 switch, but I keep going back to the lyrics in George Michael's Waiting For That Day that go:

'So everybody's talking about this new decade, like you say the magic numbers and just say goodbye to the stupid mistakes you made.'

Also, for some reason, I keep reading the thread title as "Aspie-related NT resolutions". :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 3:42 am

Getting past selective mutism and reaching the level where I can have conversations with ppl I don't know well without getting all tongue tied and or clamming up.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 4:27 am

A few years back my new years resolution was not to start any new projects as I had so many partially finished ones on the go already.. :lol: I'm sure many of you can relate. I don't even remember if I made it that whole year w/o starting anything new, but I do remember thinking about it when I had a new idea for something & instead working on completing something I'd already started. I might have actually made it that year. Figured I'd share that one in case anyone here wants to recycle it. 8)

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 4:38 am

Improve my executive function and reduce stress.

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 4:40 am

What's a New York resolution? :P

in all seriousness 8O , stop trying to act like/be an NT - it burns me out quite badly.

My RSS feed:
www.steviecandtheplacetobe.net/rss.xml

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 10:27 am

1. To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of The Kinks and The British Invasion

2. To find myself a job

3. To stop feeding trolls

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 10:32 am

1. To reduce stress in my life.

2. Focus on happiness.

3. Let the real me show more in public and be OK with it.

:D

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 10:41 am

1. To pray more.
2. To lose weight and work out more.
3. To get the fruck out of the Orwellian psychotherapy that has been imposed on me for almost a whole year. (Most of my other resolutions depend on this happening -- and I have already submitted to my boss an alternate proposal that would set me free.)
4. To be happy.
AND
5. To enter whole-heartedly into a new special interest.

Ron5442
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Dec 2013, 4:03 pm

I'm going to work on remembering peoples names and using them and not melting down when I call someone by the wrong name.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 4:47 pm

I'm letting go of some unhealthy attachments, and taking responsibility for my own happiness. I'm learning to love myself, be my own best friend, and not need anyone else to make me feel okay.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 4:51 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
I start answering ads on OKCupid then delete them. Thanks to my AvPD.

My New Year's resolution is to not let AvPD become the best of me. I don't know how but if I want my loneliness to end I have to try.

Another thing I'd like to do is improve my depression so I can get to the point where I'm writing and publishing short stories again.

I didn't like OKcupid, then men on there just seem to want one night stands. They are offensive and insulting due to that. I don't think many of them have any respect for women.

This does not mean you don't..I am just talking about my experience of the site.