Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

LiamRodgers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2014, 2:18 pm

"Cannabidiol is one of at least 85 cannabinoids found in cannabis. It is a major constituent of the plant, second to tetrahydrocannabinol, and represents up to 40% in its extracts."-Wiki

It's not psychoactive like THC, reduces anxiety, pain and seizures in epileptics. It's not toxic and it even kills cancer cells in lab rats. The best way to get it is by juicing the leaves, which have no THC and are otherwise discarded by most growers. My dispensary just started carrying it and it's vastly improved my quality of living since I've been using it, so I figured I'd share the info with you guys and see if anyone else has experience using cannabidiol.

Last edited by LiamRodgers on 16 Jan 2014, 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 2:37 pm

Psilocybin is more effective and lasts up to 2 years after ingestion.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 3:32 pm

Same here, it's how I chose my membership. What you're talking about is why I'm awake enough to type this message.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 3:36 pm

Willard wrote:

Also true. I think the point here is that being autistic & sober all the time is a less-than-ideal scenario.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Ron5442
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jan 2014, 3:41 pm

I didn't notice any positive effect from psilocybin; but, I've had significant improvement since I started smoking marijuana

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2014, 4:38 pm

Ron5442 wrote:
I didn't notice any positive effect from psilocybin; but, I've had significant improvement since I started smoking marijuana

I just can't smoke it. I wish I could but it just increases my anxiety so much and become lazy and apathetic and find it really hard to speak to people.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 4:46 pm

Smoking bud makes me deeeeeeeead lazy.

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2014, 4:58 pm

babybird wrote:
Smoking bud makes me deeeeeeeead lazy.

Same and I find it rather irritating when people say 'Well, that is not the pot you are smoking, it is just you.' No, it's not, it was the pot.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 5:00 pm

^^Yeah, you're right enough, it is the weed, because I'm a really lively person without it.

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2014, 5:02 pm

Willard wrote:

The John Hopkins university has done some very interesting studies into the use of mushrooms on people who are experiencing chronic depression. Apparently, the users could, as you say, felt happier after two years. It is however very difficult to quantify the effects of such drugs since words like happiness are so difficult to define in scientific terms, however it does seem to have had an effect. I believe it has also been shown to help mice overcome traumatic memories. Also(sorry to bombard you with information), it was used in the Sixties by Timothy Leary in forms of psychedelic based therapy and it apparently helped to reform criminals and so forth. The same was done with LSD however such therapies were shut down and it became highly unfashionable to carry out such testing, especially after Nixon brought about the war on drugs. MDMA has also been shown to help depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2014, 5:03 pm

babybird wrote:
^^Yeah, you're right enough, it is the weed, because I'm a really lively person without it.

Haha, glad you agree. I mean to be fair, it largely depends what strain of marijuana you are smoking since Satvia is more of a head-high and can make you more energetic while Indica strains I believe make you more sleepy. Either way though, the marijuana is still having a docile effect on the brain regardless of how you look at it.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 5:34 pm

Since marijuana will be legal to purchase in Washington in a few months, I've been thinking about getting into it myself. I've been reading up on the different strains. There's one called California Orange that is good for creative people with depression and anxiety (like me) with no residual paranoid effects. The meds I take now don't seem to work all that well. Maybe I can talk my doc into writing me a prescription for medical marijuana but she's not down with the program.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 7:25 pm

like all medicines its all about the dose

A small amount in the morning does wonders for me all day

my cousin who was mid to low functioning is now high functioning to almost nt since he started using cannabis

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 7:52 pm

turn it into a pill and I would happily medicate myself. :)

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 8:09 pm

auntblabby wrote:

it already is

you can get hash oil in pills
you can also get it in candies and other foods

pretty much anything that takes oil or fats will work

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 8:38 pm

chris5000 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

it already is you can get hash oil in pills you can also get it in candies and other foods pretty much anything that takes oil or fats will work

as soon as it becomes available in my local official Washington state pot store, I will give it a try. :drunken: