Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Wind
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 4:40 pm

I can't stop crying.

Today I went to the zoo. I organised a trip for a bunch of friends, and we needed a taxi to get to the zoo from the nearest train station.

I missed my train because the bus turned up late from my are to get to the train station, and then with minutes to spare to get on the train, the person told me the wrong train/platform, so I missed it.
I panicked and got myself in a right state. I got on the same train again that the guy told me before, and changed there.
I had to reorganise the taxi to come 15 minutes later so I wouldn't miss it since I organised it all. I bet my friends were annoyed they had to wait for me an extra 10 minutes.

I got there in the end, got the taxi, went to the zoo, all was OK.

Day to zoo was over with, we went to get some food in the local pub.

I looked at the train times to see which train I could get back home on my smartphone, all of them were cancelled. It didn't make sense why.
After our meal, we went to ask about getting home to the station we needed. The lady had a right go at us, and had the cheek to call me abusive when I was simply just asking what we're supposed to do about getting home, because I have no money to use the buses, and she told me to use the buses.

My friends didn't want to wait, so they had money for the bus and went to get the bus back. They offered to pay for my bus fare but I couldn't accept knowing I wouldn't be able to pay it back.

I got abuse from my dad accusing my friends of being bullshitters and liars, just because he quoted the price the taxi company gave him to where he wants to get to, to get a train from elsewhere.

I sat at the station for a while, 2 friends came back to see me who live in the area there, and also another 2 friends who drive but live an hour away.

I ended up balling out crying, I was so stressed and fed up and just wanted to get home. The friends kept offering me bus fare but I again didn't want to accept. The 2 friends who live in the area said I could stay with them for a few hours until the trains are running again, and I said only if I'm invited I'll take the offer up, but then the other 2 friends who live an hour away said they would drop me off home. I took the offer up of the being dropped off home.

I got home, thankfully, so thankful I have great friends, but then I was locked out of my house, and had to sit in my cold car with a dead battery so I couldn't start it to get some heat out.

Brother came home and let me in, I've still not stopped crying since I started crying in front of my friends. I hate myself for it. I am so embarrassed and ashamed I let myself cry in front of others.

Today has been horrible.

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 4:47 pm

I know what that's like, crying and unable to stop. Can you get in the shower or do something physical to distract from being mad at yourself and just be? Accept. You are perfectly ok just as you are.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 4:48 pm

I am so sorry for you that you had a bad day. At least it's all over now so tomorrow can be much better. And it could have been a lot worse. At least nobody got hurt or anything like that. But hopefully you'll feel better soon,
Here's a hug.

Wreck It Ralph

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 5:46 pm

Wow, that sucks indeed… *offers nice tea*

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 6:44 pm

How are you doing Wind?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Jan 2014, 6:56 pm

Oh dear, that seems like a lousy day. I hate it when public transport doesn't work as you expect.

You should probably have accepted the bus fare from your friends- it is a small expense, and that sort of thing is what friends do. The expectation is that you would do something similar for them if the roles were reversed, and that you don't keep score of such things. If your pride really was at stake, then you could have just made sure you paid them back in the future, like by paying for the food at a future outing.

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 11:21 pm

Sorry that happen to you Wind, I hope things look brighter tomorrow for you.