Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Dragoness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2014, 7:00 pm

Corndawg wrote:
So it's known that aspies create their own worlds. Mine, for a very long time has been a world where all of my book characters are (I'm a writer). My family often told me (before they knew I had Asperger's) that I was way too old to have "imaginary friends" but if I tried to leave that world and do as they wanted, I would find myself back, like I couldn't quite cope without having this world. It wasn't like I wasn't doing everything else they asked, like socializing as much as I could until I started panicking or getting out of the house or whatever. So my question is: is it okay to have this world? Are the NT's being too misunderstanding? Or are they right? Is it something that I should try to grow out of? I mean personally I feel like it's the only place I can really be myself and not be pressured to be "normal" like the NT's. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated!

The other people are being misunderstanding. Imaginations make the world less boring and stressful. Plus, I'm sure your family has TV shows or books or something they like that couldn't have been created without imagination. Without imagination, frankly, we'd be cavemen.