You say convection currents.

I say visualize whirled peas.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 3:11 pm

Misery wrote:
Jensen wrote:

Instead it just throws up really odd shapes in strange positions and expects me to know what the hell to do with them

That surprised me as well.

On several of the questions, once I saw that I didn't immediately know the patten, I knew that I would have to go through so many of the possible patterns that I could think of that the test would take forever, so I just skipped them. The lack of time limit helps, but I wonder how much score spread is affected by the presence/lack of motivation to spend all day on the test and the ability to see many different pattern possibilities.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 6:25 pm

The game is, of course, to find out the principles by yourself. Otherwise it wouldn´t be a test.
There may be more than one solution to some of them, but my imagination stops there. You have to look for sequences, patterns and maybe moves.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 9:33 pm

Janissy wrote:
JSBACHlover wrote:
All we are saying is
give peas a chance.

You say convection currents. I say visualize whirled peas.

that jokes works best orally.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 10:00 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Janissy wrote:
JSBACHlover wrote:
All we are saying is
give peas a chance.

You say convection currents. I say visualize whirled peas.

that jokes works best orally.

Is the joke, "visualize world peace" ?

If so, then it is very clever.

legokitten
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Feb 2014, 1:08 pm

Intellectual conversation keeps my relationship going. We both find other people frustratingly lazy and slow. It is especially annoying when they don't understand and are judgmental. We seek understanding. We find their averageness to be weird but know enough not to say so or treat them like morons. They don't usually have that much tact.

He isolates himself with computer geeks to avoid the regulars. I just isolate myself. College is fine but schools disapprove of you taking classes off the schedule just for the novelty. They will force you to take pointless classes with horrible instructors that despise a person of high iq. College can be done, but after a 25 year career as a part time student and instructor I can say that many schools are becoming less focused on education and more focused on the selling points that appeal to average Joe. The football team, frats, amenities that compare to theme parks. Those don't appeal to me and I don't want to pay the inflated prices. Online education is becoming more the route though it lacks some of the face time that I found enjoyable.

I found mensa to be snooty. I wanted conversation with peers. It was just a pseudo penile IQ measuring contest and the drinking as another poster mentioned. I ranked pretty high compared to those I met. Competition isn't my thing.

I'm always open to learning new things and can apply them to my knowledge. I find what other people know intriguing. Feel free to message me if you like.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 1:32 pm

us lazy and slow people need love too. :hmph:

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 1:48 pm

Misery wrote:
Jensen wrote:

.....what deranged madman came up with these?

I was expecting, well, questions. Instead it just throws up really odd shapes in strange positions and expects me to know what the hell to do with them.... the fact that I did know for most of them is irrelevant here. The damn thing could have at least explained itself a LITTLE bit....

115-125, but that's after I skipped the last 5.... I thought if I used the buttons at top, I could just see how many more were left past 40, but if you click past the last one it just doesnt let you go back.... so I'm not sure what the score is in reality.

EDIT: Wait, there were 52 of the damn things? But it ended it when I had a look past 45. What?

But it calculated a score anyway?

just..... what...... argh...... fuse..... blown!

It is thought to be a culture free test. Don´t know if its fully developed (found a page with really develish stuff :twisted: ).
For answering questions you need to know the language well,, and often have specific math knowledge.
This is purely visual logics.
You can come from the remotest place, from a completely foreign culture and be fully capable of solving these "questions", - but that is the question. It may not be culture free.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 2:01 pm

Jensen wrote:
This is purely visual logics.
You can come from the remotest place, from a completely foreign culture and be fully capable of solving these "questions", - but that is the question. It may not be culture free.

I say it isn't. The entire concept of looking at and comparing shapes on a screen (or paper, for traditional IQ tests) is culturally-specific. Most people in the world would need some sort of instructions to even know what to do with this, and instructions require some sort of language.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 2:44 pm

That is what I meant. You just say it better. Thanks. :)

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 2:45 pm

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 2:46 pm

Quantum
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2014, 4:46 pm

Why in oblivion do most of you feel disapointed because of your intelligence quotient even though it's high? For example, how is having a intelligence score of approximentaly above 120 considered bad in your opinion? I, myself do only have an intelligence quotient of 87 which is not even a close indication towards being highly intelligent, I still manage to do very well academicaly especially in mathematics and physics which I'm progressing very quickly at.

My point is that it sounds very arrogant when you're feeling dissapointed by your "low" intellect even though it isn't. Please reconsider posting your thought here if it's something similar to what I just said, It's a bit frustrating. Not even 90% of the human population have a intelligence of 140+ so be happy instead of being negative. :!:

Here's my question so please answer it:[/b][/u]

How can I bring excellent arguments and thoughts both philosophical and scientifical (realistic, for example politics) in comparision with my class mates? I mean, I got a low intelligence quotient so shouldn't that also impact this specific part? In that case, does intelligence even play a cruical role on your analytical ability to critically find very good philosophical questions & answers? Or is IQ tests mostly about your mental speedness and problem solving mostly on a mathematical scale? Please answer this question. :idea:

Sorry for any grammatical errors.

MusicalWonders
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2014, 11:49 pm

Nope, I'm an aspie with not such a great IQ, It's a bit above average but that's all. My sister has a high IQ.