Transition programs for high functioning Asperger adults?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

TeamPlasmaKingNchan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jun 2013, 9:15 pm

I am a 20 year old female and I have Asperger's Syndrome. I consider myself pretty high functioning. Last year I applied to Chapel Haven's ASAT program in New Haven, Connecticut and got in. I was raped by another student there and was when I confided in the school therapist she told me that I was a liar and that I "probably had consented to having sex and then decided to call it rape later because the school has a No Sex rule on campus and I didn't want to get in trouble" So I was betrayed by my own therapist who I thought would be there for me. When I burst into tears and left the room during that interaction she wrote up in my report that I had "poor perspective taking skills" I left the program a few months after that interaction. I went there a total of 8 months and while it was good in the beginning...things went down hill pretty quickly. Now I am at home sleeping late and doing nothing except for going to my new therapist (Who is actually good at her job) once a week. But I feel like I'm going nowhere with my life. I know I should cut myself some slack since I did just come out of a bad situation in a terrible transition program but still. I've been looking to find a new transition program but everywhere I've called has just listened to me talk and then told me that I'm too high functioning. I want a program that's pretty close to or in Massachusetts with people who are at a similar level to me. I just want a program that is residential, has support for college, and be somewhere near a place I can a job. I just want to be successful. Does anyone know of such a place? Please respond if you do. Thank you so much for reading.

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 9:57 pm

I do not know of any programs in the Mass area but some colleges have residential high support programs.

Second, you need to report that first therapist towhat ever licensing or certifying board she is under for unethical unprofessional conduct.

NEtikiman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 10:12 pm

I'm a therapist in Massachusetts.
Look into the College Internship Program in Lee, MA. They offer transitional training and they may have a residential program (but I'm not sure...). Best part: it was founded by an Aspie!

http://www.cipworldwide.org/cip-berkshi ... -overview/

absatlow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Sep 2015, 7:18 pm

There are more programs like that than people think. I met someone who was raped in a mental hospital

bobmoe441
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Sep 2015, 8:27 pm

cool