Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 2:56 pm

Any calendar savants out there?

I used to think these people were quite amazing until I looked into some research on the matter. Most savants miss a good number of their targets, running at about 70% accuracy, and many take up to 5 seconds to give an answer.

So I decided to have some fun and I discovered my own algorithm, so I can figure out the weekday of any date now from 1 AD to 100,000+ A.D. It takes me between one and 4 seconds to get an answer, depending on the particular date.

I learned this method which I invented last week but my accuracy is about 90%, so I know I'll get very good at this. Besides I find it soothing. I like rocking back and forth while I do it.

But of course I am cheating. (Or am I? You savants tell me! :D)

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 3:27 pm

a friend of mine/a lady that work with on the NHS intelectual disability team interview panel has down syndrome and she has calander savantism.
she also ties it in with her interest in horroscopes and can roll off peoples horroscopes and what positive and negative traits associated with each.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!