Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Feb 2014, 2:47 pm

When I was a child I pretty much only drew animals or fantastic creatures. I only drew people when the teachers asked stuff like "draw your family". I remember some counselors giving me paper and pencil during elementary school and asking me to draw whatever I wanted. I never drew real people but I remember drawing a fairy once, a boat another time and animals many times.
I remember I only drew dragons from age 8 to age 11.
When I was 12 I pretty much only drew landscapes.
I started drawing real people only at 13 when I started drawing as an hobby, and my past drawing history influenced me to the point that I had great difficulties learning how to draw people properly. Now I've mostly overcome it and can draw people pretty well, but still I can draw animals better and much more quickly.
Even at my last big psychiatric evaluation when I was 14 the first drawing the counselor asked me to do was a person but I decided to drae a horse and she let me. I also draw my family some sessions later though.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 2:56 pm

I drew people as a child. I did stick figures and I was never good at any drawings so I never liked to draw. I also did happy faces and unhappy ones and dots for tears. I once drew out a comic of me beating up a woman who called me a b***h for accidentally getting her wet on the bumper boats. It was all stick figures.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 3:04 pm

Come to think of it, I never drew people either. I preferred nature landscapes, mostly wildflowers and forests, with little animals here and there.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 3:08 pm

I drew a lot of pictures of people when I was a child. They were my favourite things to draw.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 3:22 pm

I didn't really draw people either. I was too much of a perfectionist. Mountains, buildings, and landscapes are easier. Realistic faces are HARD. If the proportions are off by even the slightest bit it no longer even looks human. I could only ever draw cartoon-looking faces.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 3:29 pm

I drew people, creatures or humanoid beings I made up, animals, plants/flowers and trees, mushrooms, ect. I don't really draw much anymore, my drawing is kind of abstract, not much detail...I think my sister is quite a bit better at drawing....though maybe its just different styles.

But yeah just haven't really gotten in the mood to draw anything for a while....my sister still draws and paints a lot.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 3:56 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I drew a lot of pictures of people when I was a child. They were my favourite things to draw.

Yay, another person like me! People were my favourite things to draw too.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 4:33 pm

Same here. No people. I couldn't figure out how to draw a person. Only geometric shapes and buildings. It's no wonder that my first career was architecture and that I love modern art, especially Abstract Expressionism.

Basso53
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 4:45 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I drew people as a child. I did stick figures and I was never good at any drawings so I never liked to draw. I also did happy faces and unhappy ones and dots for tears. I once drew out a comic of me beating up a woman who called me a b***h for accidentally getting her wet on the bumper boats. It was all stick figures.

Same here. I still can't draw much of anything, but even today, I can only draw people as stick figures, and only pretty crude ones. Art was the only subject that I ever failed in school. :lol:

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 4:46 pm

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 5:06 pm

never drew pictures of humans,it was always animals; the most common being the cats of mine followed by sonic the hedgehog for some reason.

still the same now-wont draw humans,have never had an interest in them or related to it as a species so why woud draw it?

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 5:31 pm

Fifteen years ago I got hold of fifty boxes of slides I took in 1964 when I went to Europe for nine months. No photographs of people. It seems I would wait and wait until there were no people in the frame before I snapped my picture. That was one of the first big aha moments that eventually led me here.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 6:19 pm

In kindergarden I drew a lot and I have the drawings here at my place, a folder with 571 pictures.
From 2.5 years up until about 5 I always drew the same house.
Then I started to draw an alley with lined-up trees.
Then I started to draw boats on a lake and trains.
In the drawings of the houses later I added plants and birds and cats.
Once (age 5.5) there was an assignment to draw the parents and I did.
In the later pictures I also drew myself steering the boat or the train.
Later I was drawing planes for many years.
Planes were my special interest then.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 6:00 am

I drew lots of drawings of people (me and my parents) when I was little. At different ages throughout my childhood I also drew one of my toys, a long-limbed teddy bear, treasure maps, as well as our car, some of our pets, a hut we rented once and other vacation inspired scenes.

As for toys, I played with dolls, but I played more with stuffed animals and cars, and later also MLP.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2014, 4:58 pm

I don't think I drew people at all as a child. I drew a lot of trains and futuristic vehicles and monsters and robots.

I also didn't like playing with toys with human faces or human shapes: I didn't like toys cars with drivers moulded in and would go to the trouble of cutting them out; I didn't like the Lego minifigs and would just put them to one side; my first bike had a cartoon figure (a child? an elf?) on the frame and I hated it "looking" at me. My parents had to cover it up with a piece of card.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 7:23 pm

I never drew people as a child and if anyone tried to make me I put cats' ears and tails and whiskers on them.