Type AB 12%  12%  [ 13 ]
Type O 37%  37%  [ 40 ]
Don't know 14%  14%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 107

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 3:11 pm

Apparently, type A is most prevalent among autistic / AS people...

Wikipedia wrote:
Blood type theory
Although there is not a published study, an informal accounting showed a marked prevalence of blood type A among children with Asperger's syndrome. The other blood types have low incidence, risk or severity of Asperger's Syndrome and Autism. Since the type A limits several dietary lectins that are thought to interfere with secretin, it is possible that improvement in these children may have actually resulted from enhancement of their own secretin metabolism.[15]

A study by Horvath et. al (1998) on secretin and Asperger's reported that children with Asperger's Syndrome or Autism and gastrointestinal problems had improved gastrointestinal function after secretin infusion and that the children become more sociable and communicative. They also benefited with a low lectin and wheat diet. This suggest that there might be a gastrointestinal and diet cause of Asperger's or Autism.[16] However, there was no control group of normal children who had the same treatment.

I am type A negative... Anyone else know their blood type? It would make an interesting survey...

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 3:22 pm

Why do you want to know? Do you want my blood?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I KID,I KID!! !

I am positive O.

-SpaceCase

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 3:28 pm

O negative.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 3:30 pm

A is the second most common blood type, but RH - is RARE!! !! !! !

I am AB+ AB+ is even rarer than A-! About half as many people.

Anyway, the blood type is apparantly on a chromosome that doesn't have much to do with autism(at least not all).

ALSO, statistically, there should be about 10-11 times as many people with A than AB. There should be 3-5 times as many that are positive than negative. Just so everyone understands the descrepancies that I think HAVE to start showing up!

Steve

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 3:35 pm

BTW I didn't mention! O is a bit more common than A. A is 3 times as common than B. B is 3 times as common as AB.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 3:40 pm

I don't know mine. I wonder if I am OO-, just like Bart.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 3:56 pm

AB NEG

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 3:59 pm

Steve,

But I though O was the rarest? Or is that just O neg? How much more uncommon is it to have an RH-? Most people so far are +...

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 3:59 pm

BTW Medusa,

As long as I am at it. If you have a child, and the father is RH+, be sure to tell your obstetrician. There is a GREATLY increased chance of a miscarriage, or complications if you have an RH+ child. I think it COULD even lead to your not being able to have a child with an RH+ father. Supposedly, hspitals can take precautions to make it happen smoothly, but the first blown chance could cause you to produce antibodies against RH+.

Luckily, the only possible problem an RH+ mother could have is to that one baby.

Steve

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 4:39 pm

Double O negative.

JOKE.

I'm a boring O. Rhesus positive.

Oh yes, and I have Pentasomy X Syndrome. :P

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 4:41 pm

o rh-

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 5:04 pm

For ohio redcross:

Out of 100 donors . . . . .

84 donors are RH+
16 donors are RH-

38 are O+
7 are O-

34 are A+
6 are A-

9 are B+
2 are B-

3 are AB+
1 is AB-

These CAN vary by area and race, but I wanted to give some guidelines.

As for the high incidence of -? That IS unusual, but RH - IS unusual and could have interesting problems. Maybe you guys/gals are just more likely to KNOW that! I figured my blood was o-! I just ASSUMED! Because I was SO altruistic! WHY???? Because O- blood can be given to ANYONE, but YOU can only use O-! BUT, when I had my heart operation, they decided to dope my blood with AB+, an I found out! You have to be AB+ to accept AB+ blood.

I KNEW that the cards were stacked against me in a way. Little did I know there were just some cards that fell on the floor. 8-(

BTW ONE potential problem with people that have RH- blood is leakage in the two sides of the heart. MOST people that have this find out early(It shows up when they are born), so don't worry. ANYWAY, at its most extreme, the blood gets mixed, and whites may show a blue tinge to the skin(hence the term "blue bloods")! Blue Blood is another term for royalty or high class people. Since they intermarried a lot, etc... Some genes thrived. Even recessive ones.

ALSO, this gives rise to ANOTHER theory! Limited blood lines, and Related chromosomes. You may all actually have some genes in common that RH + are unlikely to have. I could tell you some theories as to certain things, but since I never checked it out... Let's just say that you might b even a bit MORE unusual. Not in a bad way, just different.

Steve

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 5:09 pm

I am blood type delicious.

At least that's what my friend Draccy said.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 5:42 pm

Type O-Positive.

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 6:04 pm

B positive. Found out when I donated blood :)

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 6:20 pm

A+ here.