I most likely have autism/aspergers, need advice

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LoveforLoki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Mar 2014, 4:57 pm

Hello everybody!
I joined this site a bit ago when I has suspected that my son had Autism, thank you to all of you who responded to my prior posts in regards to him. He was indeed diagnosed with Autism, he is four years old and is still non-verbal, he is super awesome! :D

My doctor suggested that she would like to test me for autism, that she suspects that I might also have autism as well. This came as a shock to me, I was very surprised at first but now that I think of it, it could explain a lot of my behavior.

I sucked my thumb until I was almost thirteen years old and rubbed my hair on my upper lip, especially when I need to calm down, I have been doing this all my life. People always ask me "Why are you chewing on your hair?" or "Why are you sucking on your hair?", I also have many other awkward habits like scratching my head.. a lot! I have been severely teased and bullied all my life for being socially awkward, I still can't keep friends for very long because I am so awkward. I have been diagnosed with agoraphobia, social anxiety, PTSD, and depression separately from this ongoing diagnose, so it is a lot to contend with.

I don't like people coming to my home and I don't like to go places., for example I went to two social events total in the past 2 years.
My mother had schizophrenia and my nephew has aspergers, my daughters even seem to reflect traits as well. I will talk to my doctor about them.

I can't seem to keep friends, I am super paranoid about people and do not know how to read them, I feel like everybody secretly dislikes me and I am hyper sensitive and emotional to criticism. I get so very freaked out in social situations, panic attacks and migraines and I am very sensitive to smells, light, and sounds.

I took some tests online just for kicks while I wait to go through the process of getting tested and here is what I got:
(I know it is not a diagnose or really creditable but I just thought I would share)

Link to my Ritvo test results

Anyway what do I hope for as a result of this new enlightenment?
To understand more about myself, my "strange" behaviors and flowing emotions, and to hopefully find some people who are a little more like myself. Who are understanding and that I can connect with.

I know I haven't been diagnosed yet but I thought I would talk about it with some of you anyway.

Thanks for listening.
Darby

Last edited by LoveforLoki on 05 Mar 2014, 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSWaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2014, 5:34 pm

Hi do you happen to have a link to that test?

LoveforLoki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Mar 2014, 5:43 pm