Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 2:03 pm

I am constantly thinking about pharmacology / medicine / neurology / most other sciences.

I cannot get enough of them.

I wish I could read for 23 hours of the day

Anyone else like this?

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 4:29 pm

Yup, me too.

Wind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 5:03 pm

I keep researching different corn dog recipes at the moment, that's my (current, short-lived) obsession. I'm such a weirdo. :oops:

Empathy Quotient: 8
I have ASD, ADHD, Hypermobility Syndrome.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 7:46 pm

I'm like that with social studies and psychology. It's a subject that never ceases to interest me.

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 8:13 pm

I am like that with placebo (the band) at the moment, my obsessions switch without my control which can be annoying, I just wish I could be obsessed with something I can make a career out of :D

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Mar 2014, 8:20 pm

Two of my special intense interests are roller coasters and house plans. Currently, I am obsessed over a roller coaster blueprint I obtained around fifteen years ago. It is dated 1928 and is the only known plan of this coaster in existence. It was never built. It is drawn in the designer's own ink. And you can see the impressions of the compass on the vellum as he drew it. I am obsessed about recreating it at least in HO scale. But I would love to have it built for real. It was designed by Harry Baker, the builder of the Coney Island Cyclone.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 8:59 pm

I'm a diehard Kinks Fan to the extreme. I've liked them since I was 9, than I became obsessed at the age of 19. I'm also crazy over the other bands of the 1960s British Invasion. I have fantasies about walking down Carnaby Street wearing the red jacket and the yellow frilly shirt in the second half of 1964. I'm also just as obsessed with Routemasters as I was in 2006. I try not to ramble on about such things.

There's also Sweet Peas, which is a different story. I like them to pop up everywhere. :D :P

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 3:13 pm

glider18 wrote:
Two of my special intense interests are roller coasters and house plans. Currently, I am obsessed over a roller coaster blueprint I obtained around fifteen years ago. It is dated 1928 and is the only known plan of this coaster in existence. It was never built. It is drawn in the designer's own ink. And you can see the impressions of the compass on the vellum as he drew it. I am obsessed about recreating it at least in HO scale. But I would love to have it built for real. It was designed by Harry Baker, the builder of the Coney Island Cyclone.

Didnt you mention this on a thread before once?

You should take it to Antigues Road Show, and see if its worth something.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Mar 2014, 3:16 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
glider18 wrote:

Didnt you mention this on a thread before once?

You should take it to Antigues Road Show, and see if its worth something.

Yes, I have mentioned several times before. That's a good idea about Antiques Road Show. If they are ever in my vicinity, I might consider that.

Atom1966
Toucan
Toucan

19 Mar 2014, 3:30 pm

SteelMaiden wrote:
I am constantly thinking about pharmacology / medicine / neurology / most other sciences.

I cannot get enough of them.

I wish I could read for 23 hours of the day

Anyone else like this?

That can be done.
At the moment I'm read until about 5 or 6 in the morning and I start reading again the moment I finally manage to get up.
In between I take some to time out take a shower or to eat something but that's about it. Being on this forum is one of the few breaks I had this week.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 4:19 pm

I am into all things paleo.

MJJost
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2014, 4:47 pm

Would most consider the following Aspie-like special interests/obsessions/rituals?
•Play the same song over and over again (sometimes I'll play the whole album) for days/weeks before moving onto a new song.
•Only wanting to watch one show at a time (this might be NT/normal): for example, I recently got into Archer, and subsequently don't care to watch Parks and Rec, which I was watching up until just now (and its running new episodes too)
•Eat the same food over and over again (same lunch for everrrr).

>Writing: when I can relax and be by myself and write in my book, that's probably the one time and one thing I feel completely relaxed and myself at. I have missed many of social events/hanging out with [ex-]girlfriend because I've chosen to write instead (or had already been in the middle of writing, and leaving to do something else, especially social, would never cross my mind as a real, desired possibility).
>I'm obsessed by puns, wordplay, word etymologies, finding the perfect word (meaning looking up synonyms constantly), picking character names that mean something and "feel right," etc. It's hard to start writing a minor character unless the perfect name is already picked out.
>Collecting books has always been a thing. However, lately the obsessions seems "strangely" strong, in that I've cognitively decided not to buy most books anymore because I can't possibility buy all the ones I read/want/like, and instead have become fascinated by libraries/possibly becoming a librarian.
>I have a list of all the books I've read, sorted by author's last name. (This may be more of a OCD/list-type aspie-thing than an interest, but I think of it as both, in a way...)

>Mostly, though, I would say I get obsessed by things, then move on (few permanent obsessions). Most of the serial manias are art related– sudden urges to be able to play piano (and waste an impulsive $60 on a keyboard only to never use it again, ugh), draw, origami, whittle, etc. Any one else mostly afflicted by temporary and serial interests rather than lifelong ones?

EQ Test: 59
Alexithymia: 134

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 7:56 pm

Theology and TURTLES!

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 9:48 pm

Have been with me always: Reading and toys and TV ( mostly kid shows but also South Park )

Newer, more recent : electronics computer like stuff, YouTube