Comfortable hearing protection/ear defenders?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 2:09 pm

I'm looking for some ear defenders I can wear at work to help block out noise. Does anyone have any recommendations for ear defenders that would be comfortable to wear 8+ hours a day, and block out a lot of noise (particularly conversations)? I can't listen to music at work unfortunately to drown out the noise because I get overstimulated or something and start getting irrationally angry and irritable, so I just need something to block out noise.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 2:24 pm

There's a product called 'Quiet Band' that's basically foam ear buds attached to a band that hangs around your neck when you're not using them, so you could take them out when you needed to and not lose them.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 2:45 pm

i recommend you go to a hearing-aid store and get some defenders custom-made, this greatly adds wearing comfort

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 3:05 pm

Seconded for the hearing aid store. They will mould a set of ear protectors that fit your ear canal perfectly, which means that they don't fall out as often.

Just remember to wash them once in a while.

JonAZ
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Mar 2014, 3:42 pm

I will look into this for my son.

www.manyperceptions.org

My son has autism.

DVCal
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 5:26 pm

LostInSpace wrote:
I'm looking for some ear defenders I can wear at work to help block out noise. Does anyone have any recommendations for ear defenders that would be comfortable to wear 8+ hours a day, and block out a lot of noise (particularly conversations)? I can't listen to music at work unfortunately to drown out the noise because I get overstimulated or something and start getting irrationally angry and irritable, so I just need something to block out noise.

I suggest you get something small and discrete looking.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 12:15 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I think I will try to get some custom ones.