Page 4 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

DarkAscent
Toucan
Toucan

25 Oct 2014, 3:07 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
I liked no. 2 in particular.

What's the autistic theme song?

If you're happy and you know it, flap your hands.

:lmao:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2014, 6:13 pm

olympiadis wrote:
RoadRatt wrote:
A guy is flying in a hot air balloon, and he's lost.

He lowers himself over a field and calls to a guy "Can you tell me where I am and where I'm headed?"

"Sure. You're at 41 degrees 2 minutes and 14 seconds North, 144 degrees 4 minutes and 19 seconds East; you're at an altitude of 762 meters above sea level, and right now you're hovering, but you were on a vector of 234 degrees at 12 meters per second."

"Amazing! Thanks! By the way, do you have Asperger's Syndrome?"

"I do! How did you know that?"

"Because everything you said is true, it's much more detail than I need, and you told me in a way that's no use to me at all."

"Huh. Are you a clinical psychologist?"

"I am, but how the heck did you know that???! !??"

"You don't know where you are. You don't know where you're going. You got where you are by blowing hot air. You put labels on people after asking a few questions, and you're in exactly the same spot you were 5 minutes ago, but now, somehow, it's my fault!"

Best ever.

+1

asp123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Oct 2014, 8:11 pm

Autistic kids rock!
- Mostly back and forwards with their hands over their ears.

What did one autistic kid say to the other?
-Nothing.

DragonFire
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Oct 2014, 6:22 pm

Being a neurodiverse individual myself I find these pretty funny :D

Butterfiend
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Oct 2014, 7:00 pm

NT: Why was six afraid of seven?

Aspie: Six is a number. Therefore, it is incapable of various emotions such as fear.

AQ Score:44

Feel free to PM me for any reason at all. I like to talk to people online.

"I do not know what I am, and soon it may not matter." -Mewtwo.

"Time passes, people move. Like a river’s flow, it never ends." - Sheik

"I'm not popular enough to be different." -Homer Simpson

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 7:57 pm

I just found this topic. I love the humor Aspies and Auties have!

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 1:22 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
I find a lot of AS jokes funny and I'm not the least bit offended by any jokes here.

But...

I do have an issue with Nts coming here and starting this kinds if threads. That is crossing the line.
It's okay to discuss and ask questions here, it's not okay to start threads about AS jokes. You are not one of us.

Guys, you should use this excellent thread instead! http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt222284.html

Skilpadde, you've got some nerve, saying that he is "not one of us". He says on his profile that he doesn't know, and I'm sure that if he can make up (good) jokes like that, he's been hurt himself by having one or more of our characteristics. Who are you to exclude people? A lot of us aren't diagnosed. I myself lived 63 years not only not diagnosed, but never having _heard_ of Asperger's!

The thread to which you linked is all "walked into a bar" jokes, anyway.

Callista, who is one of the smart people here, said in a thread (illness, disorder, or disability) yesterday:
"But it's not quite so simple when you look at it more closely.

"There are people with autistic traits who are not disabled, and not diagnosable with autism because they are not disabled. These people regardless have a lot in common with autistic people, perhaps more than they have in common with neurotypicals. The recent statement by Seinfeld about being somewhere on the spectrum probably refers to a non-disabled person with autistic traits, which is why it annoyed so many parents whose young children are autistic and disabled. It also reflects that there is very little awareness of the fact that non-disabled people can and do have autistic traits--things like unusually sensitive sensory systems or social skills on the low end of typical. If we knew that, then many of the people like Seinfeld, who see autistic traits in themselves even though they are not disabled, could understand their kinship to full-blown autistics and perhaps even become translators that can link us better to the world around us.

"The concept of "autistic culture"--a new, still rather nebulous group of concepts that are shared by people on the spectrum--can mean that "autistic" is a cultural identity as well as a diagnosis. A person can be "culturally autistic" even after they no longer qualify for an autism diagnosis, usually because they've aged out of the disability part of it. (Kids with mild autism can grow up to be non-disabled, so that's the biggest group, but conceivably, it could happen to an adult too.) Some people with disorders very closely related to autism, like Fragile X and NVLD, also fit in with autistics better than any other group and have access to that same body of ideas that we can call the beginnings of autistic culture."

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 2:31 pm

Sibyl wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
I find a lot of AS jokes funny and I'm not the least bit offended by any jokes here.

But...

I do have an issue with Nts coming here and starting this kinds if threads. That is crossing the line.
It's okay to discuss and ask questions here, it's not okay to start threads about AS jokes. You are not one of us.

Guys, you should use this excellent thread instead! http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt222284.html

Skilpadde, you've got some nerve, saying that he is "not one of us". He says on his profile that he doesn't know, and I'm sure that if he can make up (good) jokes like that, he's been hurt himself by having one or more of our characteristics. Who are you to exclude people? A lot of us aren't diagnosed. I myself lived 63 years not only not diagnosed, but never having _heard_ of Asperger's!

:roll: By his own words in several posts and in the PM he sent me about it, he is socially an NT, but not neurologically because he has OCD. Get the facts before you lash out on me

You got some nerve saying I got some nerves.

Sibyl wrote:

lol no it's not. There are plenty of different jokes there.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 2:55 pm

Sibyl wrote:

m8, don't generalise like that. Obviously haven't read up to page 6 and seen the different joke.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 4:04 pm

Just to clarify, when I created this thread (months ago) I was unsure whether I had ASD or not. My counselor and various others suggested the possibility to me.

When posting the OP, I expected that some may have reacted negatively, so I stated that I would remove the jokes had somebody a personal complaint against them. I didn't receive any PMs highlighting distress, so the jokes remain. I do apologize if they offend anybody in a more mild way, regardless.

I haven't changed my diagnosis from 'Not sure if I have it or not' because as Skilpadde said, I don't feel it suitable to label myself as NT. I can relate to the experiences of 'mildly' autistic (majority of this board) people more than I can to most other NTs - in this sense, I am as Sibyl describes, undiagnosable, but can relate. I do have different diagnoses (OCD as the primary neurological) and may potentially have more, but there are no options to select these in the profile. This is more of a personal decision than how others would view me.

Personally, I can understand both your reactions. If a stranger without OCD started making jokes about my life experience, I would most likely be much more prone to offense than if it were another person with OCD - which I believe to be somewhat equivalent to Skilpadde's experience. I don't take offense to 'you are not one of us', because technically I am not.

Conversely, Sibyl has lived an enormous 63 years undiagnosed and so it's perfectly reasonable (IMO) to assume that purposeful exclusion is taking place, which ties in to the nature of my being. I am only 19 years old but I can relate to this sense of having no stable place to fit in. From this perspective, 'you are not one of us' can be damaging.

I could write more, but from my point of view, there is no need to fight about it. Those are just two different natural reactions to what I have done.

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 4:27 pm

A charity collector stops a man in a mall.

He asks the guy would he like to donate to autism support.

The guy says all I have on me is a credit card and 86 cent but I am not given that I know those people with Autism can't handle change. :D

ATFOR
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Oct 2016, 12:13 am

I have Asperger's and dyslexia. Even though I can't draw I still get told I'm artistic.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 12:30 am

ASD people are bad with money because they can't handle change.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 2:54 am

How do you get autistics to voluntarily crowd into a noisy room and network with each other?

Hold a Star Trek convention.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 5:33 am

An aspie walks into a crowded bar....

haha, just kidding, that would never happen... ( sorry, rather pathetic attempt i know!)

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 10:23 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Callista wrote:
There are funny parts to having autism, and I think it's okay to laugh about that.

The very best autism story I ever read, and this is SO GREAT, it was on this stupid things you said or did thread I started. It was about "paint the bunny" when a grammar school teacher brought in her beloved stuffed bunny and told her class to paint it and left the room. The AS guy went up and PAINTED THE STUFFED BUNNY! "You said, PAINT THE BUNNY!" I actually told that story to my family and when I do something obviously stupid and way too literal like that, they tell me "Mom, paint the bunny". My first post on that thread had to do with how I had met the mother of the girl my daughter was spending the night with and the mother had that spikey Kate Gosslin hairdo and the very first thing I said to the mother was "Can I touch your hair?" and when she said yes, I did, and was ENTIRELY too pleased, because I kept touching it until she told me to stop.

I pass for NT most of the time, but I have my moments. That was one.

I remember one time after church, my mom kept saying "I feel so sorry for her. I had to eat crow," and she didn't explain it to me until we got in the car. I kept asking if she really ate a crow and I played in my head of this scenario of this homeless woman coming to church with a crow casserole and people eating it to not seem mean. My mom couldn't stop laughing because I was freaking out.

I also had another situation where I had to do QC stuff in my MLT classes and the directions said to "clean the glassware." I cleaned the glassware and none of the plastic beakers in the sink. The director of the program said she would probably have to edit the QC sheets so that wouldn't happen again with future students. :lol: