Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 4:51 pm

I work an evening shift, but woke up at 8 AM nervous, so I took some Benadryl to help me sleep. However, I still feel I am under the effects of the Benadryl as I can't concentrate worth crud, I feel dysphoric, and my short-term memory is shot. A lot of complicated stuff is happening at work and I feel I can't attend to it well at all.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 7:33 pm

I still can't concentrate worth crud and now I'm all fidgety and agitated, spending about 5 minutes engaging in a nonsense conversation with myself.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 7:37 pm

I also have an attitude like I just don't care. Waiting for my co-worker to arrive so I can use FMLA and leave.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 2:28 pm

I'm feeling mushy-headed and late for work, but it's like I just don't care enough to change to being at work.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 3:49 pm

I took the day off and was able to see my psychiatrist. He thinks I'm breaking down from the stress surrounding work, wondering whether I'd get approved for surgery, stuff like that. He advised me to take the day off and wrote me a doctor's note.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 4:04 pm

Hope you feel better soon and get your approval, which would help I'm sure!

Wind
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 4:14 pm

I think you just have to wait for your Benadryl effects to wear off.

Empathy Quotient: 8
I have ASD, ADHD, Hypermobility Syndrome.