Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 10:50 pm

I don't really care if the government tracks what I do because they probably don't care about me. I do however feel paranoid about letting people use my computer or phone and I would feel mortified if someone looked through my web history.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 10:58 pm

I am pretty boring so I don't think anyone would want to waste time scrutinizing me. My views of privacy are weird though. I can talk openly to anyone about most things even very intimate things and I have to always be careful because there are things that I know my husband considers private so I have to be careful to respect that. But there are things that I consider private that most people don't at all and they don't understand why I do. Like I only share certain details about my skiing with very specific people but I have been known to share super intimate things with strangers like I am talking about the weather. I don't know if this is an Aspie trait or not. It could be. Perhaps others might know what I mean.

Wreck It Ralph

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 12:05 am

I am extremely reclusive and super paranoid about privacy. That is because I used to be an open book and I have gotten burnt too many times. I know I am too honest (it never occurs to me to lie), so I make up for it by being close-mouthed and trying not to put things in writing.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 12:20 am

Quote:
How much do you value your privacy?

i value my privacy so much, i have posted banners on all the shop windows in my area with my address on them warning people to stay away.

if that does not work, i will disguise my house as the walt disney castle and erect a multicolored neon sign on my driveway that says "i do not live here".

LittlePigLocksmith
Raven
Raven

28 Mar 2014, 12:21 am

I started to write a really long explanation that I doubt you'd believe even if you went to the trouble of reading it. So, I shall simply say that I'm quite concerned for my privacy and some day you'll wish you had too.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 12:39 am

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 12:43 am

I don't really care if google or some market research company knows all there is to know about me. If someone I knew wanted to spy on me and check my internet history ect. then I'd be really freaked out.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 12:47 am

I value my privacy a lot, not that I do anything that requires hiding I just prefer to work in peace and quiet and not have to explain or justify what I am doing to others. When it comes to computers and devices if you don't want people to know what your up too hide it and learn to delete your history, cookies etc. ISP's can only hold on to the records for so long as far as I know.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 1:07 pm

Privacy is obsolete. It has gone the way of the horse and buggy. It bothers me a lot that this has happened.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Wind
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 1:33 pm

I have nothing to hide. I browse forums, watch Netflix, go on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and listen to music. Government would get bored tracking what I'm doing.

Empathy Quotient: 8
I have ASD, ADHD, Hypermobility Syndrome.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 1:40 pm

Wind wrote:
I have nothing to hide. I browse forums, watch Netflix, go on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and listen to music. Government would get bored tracking what I'm doing.

Unless you are a political activist or terrorist or criminal the government aren't your largest problem, criminals are. Identity theft is a booming business and the more personal info people put out there the easier it is for criminals to steal your life, your credit history, your bank account and even your home. Many people's lives have been destroyed due to ID theft and left carrying the can for many years afterwards. Bailiffs kicking your door in to take your possessions as part payment for loans in your name you never took out. Still got nothing to hide?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 2:02 pm

Privacy does not exist.
Privacy is a phantasm and an anachronism.
Do yourself a favor and forget about the concept.

Tallyman is right, as usual.

Last edited by slave on 30 Mar 2014, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 5:59 pm

Anyone that goes kicking in my door without due process would NOT like my reaction to that scenario. I am an aspie, but my reaction would be as of one whose castle has been violated. I have to assume from the action of kicking my door in that their intentions are NOT in my or my family's best interest.

Having said that, I value my privacy greatly and take methods as best I can so that issues like this hopefully don't occur. As we all know however, criminals being who they are don't respect the rule of law and despite our best efforts unless you live under a rock without utilities or a job you are vulnerable. Such is modern day life with all of us interconnected as we are. Hopefully laws will change and things that are now considered a matter of public record will become private. Some things the average individual has no need to obtain knowledge of unless they have a VALID and LEGAL reason to do so. Too easy these days to find out things about anyone.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 12:32 pm

Privacy is pretty much holy for me and I value it a lot.

I have friends on the internet, but one could say, the person they know is just the character without any shell or hull to put it into, and actually, I like it that way. No judgement as they get to see exactly what I am (deep inside of my mind).

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 12:03 am

I hate that governments spy on us, but there is nothing I can do about that.

I value my privacy in the extreme. To the degree that I would put a hand on a sheet of paper so the teacher couldn't see what I had written despite the fact that just minutes later I would give the teacher the paper. I hate doing anything when someone watches.

I hate anyone seeing anything I've written, even something as mundane as grocery shopping list, to say nothing of how much I hate anyone seeing my email, which sites I frequent, or my files. I don't even like playing video games when someone can see it.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

01 Apr 2014, 7:00 am

delete your web history.that's what i do.and it speeds up your computer.