are weird,but creepy to people,that people
are scared of them,or avoid of them.

How am I able to pull of being weird,while
other ASD men can't.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 2:04 pm

Figure that out, put it in a bottle and you will make a trillion dollars.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 2:06 pm

I think it's because you look cool, so they think you're cool. Gotta love NT shallowness.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 2:09 pm

billiscool! Need we say more?! :D

I have actually met one other Aspie adult and one suspected Aspie adult, both males. They were both extremely cool and very likable non creepy guys. They had their quirks but they were definitely not creepy at all. So you are not the only one. There are probably more of you guys out there than you think.

Wreck It Ralph

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 2:14 pm

I know what you mean, I'd fall into the weird and creepy or weird and annoying category and was always jealous of girls who could be weird but cool. The same thing happens with girls, there are the eccentric but cool girls and the eccentric annoying, repulsive girls. Maybe the latter weird girls tend to be annoying or awkward rather than creepy, people are more likely to see dudes as creepy than girls.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 2:19 pm

this is what I look like

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 2:22 pm

billiscool wrote:
this is what I look like

Do you have some kind of unusual talented people like? To be honest, I don't think you look particularly cool. But you definitely don't want weird either.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 4:09 pm

skibum wrote:
billiscool! Need we say more?! :D

I have actually met one other Aspie adult and one suspected Aspie adult, both males. They were both extremely cool and very likable non creepy guys. They had their quirks but they were definitely not creepy at all. So you are not the only one. There are probably more of you guys out there than you think.

I"ve been called weird plenty of times, but never creepy. Annoying, intense, strange, quirky, "too hip for the room (meaning 'your references are so obscure, nobody knows what you're talking about')," condescending, "too smart" (as if such a thing were possible), aloof, standoffish, and of course argumentative, uncooperative and intentionally obtuse - but never creepy.

Of course being adorably cute certainly helped. :wink:

Unfortunately, I've outgrown that. :hmph:

Wind
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 4:28 pm

Your shirt looks baggy and "un-neat"
I would iron the collar so it stands up, and use starch to stiffen it. A flat collar on a buttoned shirt is not a good look, and wear your sleeves either fully rolled to your elbows, or not at all. Slightly rolled up unless you're cooking or preparing something, again not a good look, as well as large cuff sizes that show down your arm, doesn't look so neat.

Other than that, looks good.

Empathy Quotient: 8
I have ASD, ADHD, Hypermobility Syndrome.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 4:33 pm

You're a nice looking guy. I agree with Winds' tips. Also, what type of a body do you have under all of those baggy clothes?

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 4:48 pm

I keep thinking of actors who tend to star in movies in an Autisticky weird type fashion but still are considered cool. Examples are Woody Allen, Jeff Goldblum, Nicholas Cage, Gene Wilder, and, Johnny Depp. With the exception of Woody Allen [who in my opinion IS creepy in real life] the guys tend to be quite good looking [not neccesarily in a classic way] and more than a little on the mysterious side. They all seem to have cultivated their own unique "It looks like I really don't spend much time on my appearance but I actually do," appearance.
I really don't know what it is about these guys and others like them who come across as very weird, yet very cool and SEXY. [ and desireable] Anyone else have any ideas?

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 5:25 pm

Wind wrote:
Your shirt looks baggy and "un-neat"
I would iron the collar so it stands up, and use starch to stiffen it. A flat collar on a buttoned shirt is not a good look, and wear your sleeves either fully rolled to your elbows, or not at all. Slightly rolled up unless you're cooking or preparing something, again not a good look, as well as large cuff sizes that show down your arm, doesn't look so neat.

Other than that, looks good.

I rarely wear shirts like that.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 5:36 pm

You don't look creepy to me. I am not much on fashion but you look like a nice guy. The guy in your avatar looks a little creepy though. :D

Wreck It Ralph

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 5:40 pm

here what I usually wear: sadly,I can't smile,well.

Wind
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 6:12 pm

The TMNT shirt could be considered uncool amongst the NT's, but I love it, and all my convention/geek friends would love it :D

Empathy Quotient: 8
I have ASD, ADHD, Hypermobility Syndrome.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 6:33 pm

Wind wrote:
The TMNT shirt could be considered uncool amongst the NT's, but I love it, and all my convention/geek friends would love it :D

actual,nt people like my cartoon shirts. Maybe it's because,I
look normal,and I don't look like a typical Geek,I have no idea.