How do you recognize high-functioning Autism?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Guitarguy86
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Apr 2014, 4:43 am

So I've been playing the victim saying that nobody understands me. Then I had a shift in thinking: Why don't I try to recognize other individuals with Asperger's? But, how do I do that? I obviously can't respectfully go up to every person and ask if they're Autistic. I'm bound to get punched somewhere down the line.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 7:35 am

You should read the "I may be an Aspie if....." thread.

I may be an Aspie if I talk on and on about the Peasants' Revolt of 1381, without knowing that the person whom I'm speaking to is in the nobility.

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 8:24 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
...I may be an Aspie if I talk on and on about the Peasants' Revolt of 1381, without knowing that the person whom I'm speaking to is in the nobility.

Totally off topic...

When I first read your reply I read it as "the Peanuts Revolt". I wondered what might have triggered such a thng.

I am such a dim bulb sometimes.

:oops:

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

01 Apr 2014, 8:41 am

A spiderweb, pie chart, dart board, with a shape in the middle that looks something like a dogs head. And dots. NT's are blue, and aspies are red. What are you if your yellow? It doesnt say? That game doesn't make any sence. I will stick with checkers.

Get the hint?

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 8:49 am

yournamehere wrote:
A spiderweb, pie chart, dart board, with a shape in the middle that looks something like a dogs head. And dots. NT's are blue, and aspies are red. What are you if your yellow? It doesnt say? That game doesn't make any sence. I will stick with checkers.

Get the hint?

If you're talking to me, no, I get no hint. The avatar isn't from a game.

Let's take this private for any further exchanges. Otherwise it's going to gum up the works of the thread.

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 9:15 am

As to the OP's question: I see it in people who are interested in/ think in terms of information (like myself), while similtaniously being dimbulb about "relational-to-other-people" kind of thinking (whatever that feels like...), very honest about both the good and the bad (although I think we can be very shut down about expressing ourselves as well), often when you talk to them their eyes go off in all kinds of directions, especially when they are speaking, (NT's see this as a sign of lying), usually not fashionably dressed according to current trends (excepting some Aspie women who take this on as a special interest, and then, baby, watch out!).

Guitarguy86
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Apr 2014, 9:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You should read the "I may be an Aspie if....." thread.

I may be an Aspie if I talk on and on about the Peasants' Revolt of 1381, without knowing that the person whom I'm speaking to is in the nobility.

Thanks. I totally got it the minute I read it.