Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 1:49 pm

I have read on this board that many people here don't like the effects of alcohol.

I find in the right time and place alcohol is the best lubricant for me to enjoy myself.

As some of you may know I am in Ireland and a number of years ago I went to New York.

About an eight hour flight and I had 13 of those single serving bottles of wine on the flight.

A taxi ride into the city left our stuff at the hotel straight into Time Square at night with all the lights going and crowds everywhere.

Hit a couple of the bars and had more beers then I can remember. :D

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 1:58 pm

There is a picture of me drunk in a bar in Spain a few years ago the girl was just with a random group I got talking to.

I don't feel autistic when drunk or maybe everybody else just comes down to my level.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 2:10 pm

When I drink I become extremely talkative and dominant the conversation, talking predominantly about myself and/or making ret*d statements with/to anyone. It's really fun and I require alcohol to be remotely social.

I guess it's a good thing I don't get too carried away. I've only been drunk twice; only have been 'really social' twice. XD

This doesn't mean that I am good at socializing when drunk though.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 3:25 pm

I like the feeling but dont like the drinking part
very few beers taste good to me and the smell of liquor makes me sick. I would love booze in pill form though

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 3:41 pm

sharkattack wrote:
maybe everybody else just comes down to my level.

:D That's a lot of it, NT processing speed is slowed down when they're drunk, but it also numbs those inhibitions that make me hesitant to speak my mind, for fear of being seen as weird, or offending those around me. And if we're all blasted and I say something inappropriate, not only are the others less likely to take offense, none of us are likely to remember later that I even said it. :drunken:

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 4:05 pm

Willard wrote:
sharkattack wrote:
maybe everybody else just comes down to my level.

:D That's a lot of it, NT processing speed is slowed down when they're drunk, but it also numbs those inhibitions that make me hesitant to speak my mind, for fear of being seen as weird, or offending those around me. And if we're all blasted and I say something inappropriate, not only are the others less likely to take offense, none of us are likely to remember later that I even said it. :drunken:

Alcohol also has the added benefit for me of caring a lot less what other people think, or of analyzing my own behavior so much. Which could very well mean that people may think I'm just as weird but I'm inclined to care much less and perhaps not even notice as much. :-)

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 4:06 pm

Alcohol was the first intoxicant I experimented with and I like the effects when I'm drunk (except that my judgement is impaired and if I drink too much I vomit.) Then I found weed - way better. You don't lose self control and the worst thing that happens is that you fall asleep.

binaryodes
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 5:27 pm

Getting rat ass drunk can be fun" however you neglected to include the necessary connective and sentence ending
"until you end up staggering into a car"

Alternatively

"Until you drown in your own vomit"

Insert any number of horrific self inflicted injuries resulting from alcohol induced delusions of superhuman prowess

And finally

"Until you become dependent on it to function socially"

Im sure I dont need to add that im not a recreational drinker. I do however smoke which is another thing entirely (hacks up a sizeable chunk of bronchial tissue)

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 6:03 pm

binaryodes wrote:
Getting rat ass drunk can be fun" however you neglected to include the necessary connective and sentence ending
"until you end up staggering into a car"

Alternatively

"Until you drown in your own vomit"

Insert any number of horrific self inflicted injuries resulting from alcohol induced delusions of superhuman prowess

And finally

"Until you become dependent on it to function socially"

Im sure I dont need to add that im not a recreational drinker. I do however smoke which is another thing entirely (hacks up a sizeable chunk of bronchial tissue)

I never said it was wise or a good idea I just said it was fun. :)

Minionkitty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Apr 2014, 6:11 pm

I've been drunk once... I kept singing some stupid song about being drunk, and I said something really stupid about something my friend told me once. Then I felt sick afterwards. I wasn't actually sick, but I sure felt like I was going to be. Plus whatever we were drinking tasted horrible. We had to mix it with something else. First with Coca Cola, then apple juice, then lemonade... It was gross. I don't recommend it :P

ASD/Asperger's Syndrome traits; diagnosed August 2014
IQ 120
(Diagnosed using the DSM-IV, not DSM-5)

NotaHero
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2014, 6:16 pm

Things at least happen when I'm drunk and I can get past the frustration of my brain constantly ticking over, but finding nothing to say. It can lead to problems, but usually it makes me feel merry and allows me to zone out a lot of what is around me.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 6:49 pm

Take care, SharkAttack.
For those who progress to dependency on alcohol, there are usually these 3 stages along the way:

Stage 1 = it's just fun
Stage 2 = it's fun, but with negative consequences
Stage 3 = only negative consequences

The transition from stage one to two is barely noticed at the time.
Like all addictive drugs, alcohol ensnares because "habituation" means that you need ever increasing doses to get the same effect.

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 12:07 am

B19 wrote:
Take care, SharkAttack.
For those who progress to dependency on alcohol, there are usually these 3 stages along the way:

Stage 1 = it's just fun
Stage 2 = it's fun, but with negative consequences
Stage 3 = only negative consequences

The transition from stage one to two is barely noticed at the time.
Like all addictive drugs, alcohol ensnares because "habituation" means that you need ever increasing doses to get the same effect.

I hardly drink anymore I was just having a loot through my photos from before my diagnosis.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 12:49 am

I got rat ass drunk at a family dinner for a religious occasion tonight. :D

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 12:57 am

When im drunk im not so paranoid and get easilly talkative with NTs and even act more NT like! I should be drunk more often so I dont annoy women so much im more mellowed out and in a friendly way.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2014, 1:05 am

My experiences are similar. I get a lot more chatty when I've been drinking. I don't drive at all, and I only get stumble-and-fall-down drunk in close and trusted company, only once every few months, if that.

I also dislike the taste of most beers, though I really like red wines and mead.