Horrible at it. 21%  21%  [ 7 ]
Good at it, but not too committed. 30%  30%  [ 10 ]
I'd rather slit my wrists. 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 33

Mpregangel
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Apr 2014, 2:03 pm

Heh... I never could write well and I still don't know cursive, but when I type I make masterpieces. I always focused my studies on writing and art more than anything else. I'm good at math but if it's not for a game I get bored.

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 2:56 pm

NEtikiman wrote:
Are we talking about cognitive writing process or fine motor writing skills? The content of what I write is (in my opinion and that of my evaluators) quite good, but my handwriting is atrocious.

Allow me to further elongate the chorus of echos:
THIS...this...this...this...this....

Catarina935
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Apr 2014, 4:56 pm

I write fairly well and I know I can write long texts easily... but I have nothing to say. I haven't written anything in years -outside of posts in forums and such- because I don't know what to write about. :?

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 8:33 pm

screen_name wrote:
NEtikiman wrote:
Are we talking about cognitive writing process or fine motor writing skills? The content of what I write is (in my opinion and that of my evaluators) quite good, but my handwriting is atrocious.

Yes, I would also enjoy some clarity.

I did not have any fine motor delay in learning to write.

The process of organizing language has always been difficult for me. However, once I decided to do it, it was a very worthwhile endeavor to learn and work at.

I had a motor delay and cognitive delay. It's more both really.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 9:22 pm

My written expression capacity is in the 92nd percentile, and my vocabulary is in the 99th. Writing has always been one of my strengths, and something I greatly enjoy doing. I write stories in my free time and am in the middle of a novel at the moment. I also have a collection of 44 short stories, 42 of which are complete. They're serial-type stories and follow the same characters, like a TV show. I've become very attached to them; at this point, they're like family. Curiously enough, in spite of my strength in writing, my essay composition ability is only in the 68th percentile, indicating that I apparently have issues either organising my ideas, going into enough depth about the subject, or staying on topic, I'm not sure which.

With regard to my manual writing ability, my fine motor skills are much better than they were when I was young. I have legible handwriting, and can be very neat when I take my time, but my hand tires easily and I really hate taking notes in class.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 12:56 am

as far as writing with a pencil goes, i have poor fine motor skills, so i write at like a 2nd grade level.
as far as writing stories goes, i can't do that.
even when it comes to thinking up something for a forum game called 'ask a stupid question, give a stupid answer' i can't come up with ideas for that. i can only do realistic Q&A. sometimes i do come up with something clever to say in response to a general post, but it's random. i can't make it happen.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 3:39 pm

I've always quite liked writing. I like writing stories about the people I am obsessed with, but I can only write in a diary-type of form, but using third person instead of first person. I am no good at writing stories that include every detail of everything.

I spend so much time writing posts on the internet that I have gotten very good at it. A lot of people here tell me that I am very intelligent because of how I write my posts, which annoys me because I don't like being ''intelligent'', I spend more time caring more about my social status than how ''clever'' I am and I don't want to be ''clever''. I think I just write ''good'' posts here because I do enjoy typing and I struggle at getting a word in group conversations so I feel I can say however much I want online because you can't really be interrupted.

ReverieMe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 May 2014, 6:59 pm

Writing was one of the few things that was easy for me, unless we're talking about cursive or good handwriting. :oops:

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 8:33 pm

am not able to write [obviously am able to type posts],mine is more due to the ID side.
am able to use a pen as some sort of line signature but people have to counter sign it because its not a proper signature and because am under the mental capacity act.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!