Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Verinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 May 2014, 4:58 pm

My son sits on the same seat on the school bus every morning, occasionally another kid unwittingly sits in his seat but my son can't sit anywhere else so he asks the child to move and so far there hasn't been any trouble at all. I don't think things would go too well if the child refused to move!

a_dork
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2014, 5:39 pm

In classroom settings, I always sit in a particular spot since I can concentrate best in that location. When someone unexpectedly sits in my usual seat, I get agitated because I'll have to learn how to sit, listen, and take notes in a different position. This readjustment is enough to throw off my concentration for the entire lecture.

― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2014, 7:09 pm

It doesn't worry me so much now but when I was younger I would get upset if someone takes my seat, when I was about 5 or 6 I had a favourite spot on the mat and one day someone else was sitting there and I squeezed in behind them and kicked and kicked until they moved.
Another time I had a favourite easel and someone was using that so I ripped their painting off it.

AutumnSylver
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 May 2014, 8:22 pm

When that happens to me (in class or on the subway), I usually just sit somewhere else, but I'm a little irritated the whole time. If I'm on the subway, I take "my" seat again as soon as the person sitting there gets up.

I hate it when someone sits in my seat in class because that means I have to take someone else's seat, then they have to take someone else's seat, and on and on. It's just so disruptive and unnecessary.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 11:03 am

I hate those people who have a learning disability, E.G. Dysgraphia, but Think they have autism since they have it, Just because you might be "Following up on tests" Doesn't mean you test positive. I hate when people come to me on such things like "I'd know". I can tell the guy is not autistic, he doesn't seem autistic, He hums and has dysgraphia, but he Doesn't have autism, because he isn't obsessed with something, Like I'm obsessed with mathematical. I love prime numbers.

Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 2:05 pm

I have specific seats that I sit in in specific places as well, like in restaurants or my brother's house or my parent's house. If someone else is in them I get anxious and a little disoriented. I might wait for them to finish and leave or I might sit somewhere else but I will usually be more anxious if I am somewhere else and I might rock as well. If you are Autistic, that is not weird at all. It's pretty common and "normal" for us to have stuff like that.

Wreck It Ralph