Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Catalyst
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2007, 1:47 am

I have developed a kind of complex about nudity.

I have no bodily myself. Never have, and in fact have never understood it. However, I understand that it IS an issue for other people, and therefore am very worried about what other people will think.

Nightcry
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2007, 2:14 am

BowserKoopa wrote:
I don't mind taking a shower, but if I ever go into a pool I have to wear a t-shirt. And I always wish that instead of swim shorts, I could wear swim pants.
I've got some of those! Long pants that are sort of like board shorts.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 2:47 am

Ugh, I hate being naked! It makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. The only time I'm okay with it is if I'm taking a shower or bath. And when I'm swimming, I'm perfectly fine when it comes to wearing a bikini. Now if only people would stop staring at my ribs! But that's a whole 'nother story.

mikh07
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 4:12 am

I don't mind walking around half naked, it's just that I'm not going to

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 4:16 am

It doesn't bother me.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 5:22 am

I prefer to wear as little as possible but for the sake of others I cover myself :lol:

coolstertothecore
Toucan
Toucan

22 Feb 2007, 5:58 am

When I started school we had to have a medical and the nurse asked me to take my dress off and hop across the room (presumably to look for any problems with posture) and I was mortified! I refused to take off my dress and the school thought I was being abused at home and I was hiding the bruises. I also wouldn't get changed for PE unless I could put my shorts on under my skirt. I missed the nativity play because all these women were shouting at me to take off my clothes and I was terrified and ran away. Going swimming with school was tricky too.

The only person I'm not embarrassed in front of is my boyfriend.

MarieElana
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 6:09 am

On a very hot summers night I lock my door and sleep nude x:

AV-geek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 8:26 am

I seem to be the exact opposite as most here. I find nudity comfortable simply because I find close UNcomfortable. Clothes pull, tug, rub against my skin and body and it gets annoying. I also cannot stand that clothing traps sweat, oils and other skin discharges.

I have tried loose clothes, tight clothes, and just about every fabric you can think of, and I have never really been comfortable. The least troublesome combination I have found is slightly tight natural fabrics, because they minimize rubbing, and when they do, it's not as bad, and natural fabrics tend to absorb and dissapate sweat better.

One of the things that helps me be comfortable without clothing is that I have never been able to figure out society's taboo with the nude body. Seeing naked bodies in non-sexual activites really does nothing for me and is a non-event. I guess I'm just not wired right becasue it doesn't bother me the way it does others. It does not bother me at all if someone sees me nude. I wear clothing simply because it is illegal not to in public, and it is not socially acceptable. I just go along with this rule simply so I can carry out my life despite the discomfort...at home though, the clothes come right off!

One of the other things that keeps me in my clothes however is cold. I am a rather small dude, and I loose heat quickly and get chilled, so in the wintertime, I must either crank up the heat and spend lots of money of fuel, or put on clothing. My new wood stove however helps in this respect! Nothing like absorbing lots of radiant heat all over my body on a cold day!

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

22 Feb 2007, 10:00 am

i dont really have a problem with it, however i can never sleep totally naked. its so uncomfortable

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 11:55 am

Depends for me. I don't mind being naked/half naked, when I'm alone. Not in the presence of others though.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 3:09 pm

Marrshu wrote:
I refuse to wear just swimming trunks too when going swimming, because I don't like being that naked.

Yeah i have that problem too.

Candymanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Feb 2007, 3:39 pm

It depends. If i've gone swimming i have no quarms with stripping off in the showers afterwards. However, at home i don't like the family seeing me naked so i change in private.

Ironically again, i don't mind my close friends (two of them being female, one being an ex) seeing me naked, i just don't because i know it would be impolite and improper to do so.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 4:10 pm

:o Well,Honestly I don't have too much of a problem with being nude :wink: in that this only applies only to the circumstance of when I take showers but, beyond this I'm not nude.Anyways, I hope this will suffice as a okay answer?

Professor X

"Ye will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy... and the crab cakes aren't bad either. "

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 1:08 am

sun_rat wrote:
if i could be naked all the time i would.

scrulie wrote:
I prefer to wear as little as possible but for the sake of others I cover myself :lol:

These comments just about sum up how I feel.

Quest_techie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2007, 8:53 am

I would love to live in a world where I could be nakes all the time where no sweat would happen and I wouldn't have to worry abbout anyone seeing me

but since I do not live in such a world I wear clothes that wick away sweat and many layers of such, I would wear my coat year round if we didn't get 110 degree temperatures here