What is your score on this test, and are you diagnosed?

Page 6 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Awake
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2014, 2:51 pm

Total score
Language
Social Relatedness
Sensory Motor
Circumscribed Interests
Not officially diagnosed but there's no way I'm a boring old NT. (No offense meant to any NT's out there, but we're so much more interesting!) :wink:

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 7:41 pm

this test is too confusing

Uncanny_Valerie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2014, 8:25 pm

I got 136 on the RAADS. I'm currently seeking a diagnosis.

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2014, 7:15 am

Total score: 157.0
Language: 9.0
Social relatedness: 70.0
Sensory/motor: 44.0
Circumscribed interests: 34.0

I've been diagnosed.

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2014, 7:36 am

Total: 122.0
Language: 10.0
Social: 74.0
Sensorymotor: 26.0
Interests: 12.0

aspieMD
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2014, 7:58 am

117, diagnosed with mild AS.

J-H-H
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2014, 9:00 am

My score is 190.0, which is higher than I expected. I am diagnosed.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2014, 10:12 am

AdamAutistic wrote:
this test is too confusing

Exactly.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2014, 12:00 pm

Total Score: 139

Language: 16
Social Relatedness: 45
Sensory/Motor: 45
Circumscribed interests: 33

Diagnosed Aspie

I got double most threshold values, and 4X one of them.

I feel like most everyone else that this test was confusing. I also feel there should have been a "sometimes", and also a category for, like, "before 30 y.o.". There should have been a question like: Do you find this test very confusing. I'm thinking most of us would've added about 10 points to our score.

alwaysnow
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 May 2014, 12:20 pm

Well, yeah. That's because it's not a "test", but a diagnostic tool to be administred by a trained professional in a clinical setting.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2014, 1:00 am

Total Score -- 158
Language -- 11
Social Relatedness -- 79
Sensory/Motor -- 45
Circumscribed Interests -- 23

I took this EXACT test a week ago during my diagnostic testing. Haven't received my results report yet, so don't know how this score compares to what I answered before. Being an older woman -- I just turned 54 -- it was RIDICULOUSLY difficult to know what I did as a child. Even though my mother knows now that some of my childhood traits and behaviors (afraid of people, trouble making friends, rocking) are now likely ASD-induced, I didn't show marked traits until I was in my teens. Dr. Valerie Gauss (author of Living Well on the Spectrum) says that this happens frequently. Because social skills are a major identifying trait of ASD, many times a child doesn't have big problems in that area until puberty, when successful socializing takes on an importance that it didn't have earlier in the child's life.

Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther.

hey_there
Toucan
Toucan

20 May 2014, 8:56 am

I took the test again today, because I remembered how there were several questions about whether you are introvert or extrovert (e.g. if you like having close friends, if you like having a conversation with many people like at the dinner table or work or whatever.... and some other questions). For as long as I can remember I have been a very shy person and preferred being by myself. There are millions of NTs out there who are introverted and like being alone, not just aspies. But I got a higher score because I answered the questions about social relatedness in a way that an introvert would, which IMO isn't really fair because like I said there are plenty of NTs out there who are shy and/or just want to be alone. So I took the test again, but this time I purposely picked "true now and when I was younger" (apparently, the NT answer) for the aforementioned questions and it brought my score down to 83 from 93. (I don't have that many aspie traits) IMO they should really only include questions on tests like these that ask about traits and behaviors that mainly an autistic person would have and it would be more accurate.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2014, 12:49 pm

190, diagnosed.

As many others have mentioned, a lot of the questions were difficult because I felt like they needed qualifiers such as "often" or "sometimes."

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2014, 1:00 pm

Diagnosed Asperger's.

My therapist keeps telling me how mild it is, and how I worry too much about having it, and what a wonderful person I am to socialize with.

I think I have caught my therapist in a Rogerian crock of s**t, and I don't want to see her any more.

The lie that you DO NOT tell me is, "You're fine," when I'm not.

I should have been out that stupid b***h's door a looooooong time ago.

perpetual_padawan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 May 2014, 2:43 pm

167 and undiagnosed

Iced
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 May 2014, 6:14 am

OJani wrote:
Iced wrote:
I 'solved' my dilemma by 'compromising' on different questions.

I do the same every time I take such tests. Otherwise the results would be skewed from the start.

Sorry about the late response; been pre-occupied and forgetful of late. :oops:

And yes, the same is true for me. Without 'compromising' on the tests that have these black and white types of answers, the tests would all be skewed in one direction or another. A better response to some of the questions would be something like 'mostly' or 'seldom' as opposed to 'always' and 'never'.

OJani wrote:
Iced wrote:
I got assessed half a year ago and my therapist who was also my assessor dXed me with SCD as opposed to the spectrum saying that he felt like I had managed to effectively cope with the other characteristics to the point it wasn't as much a factor anymore.

I don't think it is fair to dx a person with SCD when they also have sensory issues and circumscribed interests to such a high degree. Do you think that you'll get the support you need with this dx?

The short answer is, probably not.

The long answer is - and this is partially related to my therapist/assessor dXing me as he had - I'm in my early 30s now so the dX is coming in pretty late to the game and in some ways, I can't even begin to fathom what support I could ever get and how it would/could help me because I never even knew there was 'support' in the first place.

Not sure how much sense that made but basically, what would a more appropriate dX get me at this time period of my life?

It isn't that I am skeptical that any kind of 'support' would happen (okay, a little part of me is), but rather, I have spent all of my life up until now non-diagnosed and managed to push through... with great difficulty.

Before now, I was the 'weird', 'odd', 'strange', 'creative', 'gifted', 'socially stupid', and 'naive' person who muddled through a too-loud, too-bright, too-everything world that I felt like an utter stranger in and hated pretty much every moment of it because everything - especially navigating social situations and that was pretty much every. single. day - required such incredible amounts of effort on my part that I was permanently exhausted and eventually developed depression and became suicidal.

At some point, I'm not sure what happened. A part of me 'died' and I stopped caring about a lot of things and that included how other people treated me or viewed me as. Whether this is good or bad, I have no idea.

Socializing - friends and relationships - became less of a priority in the interest of managing my stress levels related to my struggles with social situations. I became more proactive in standing up for myself and my 'quirks' and that included indulging in my circumscribed interests as an adult so long as it wasn't hurting anyone (or my wallet).

As long as I could hold a job and make ends meet and have a sanctuary of my own where I could unwind in, I could be content. Luckily, I have a family that - though they do not necessarily support me in being on the spectrum - support me and my 'quirkiness' and allow me to live with them without any grief.

My sensory issues still grate on me greatly; I have learned to avoid the worst and have somehow learned to grit my teeth and forge onwards if avoiding isn't possible and try to make the best of it. It doesn't mean that sensory overload won't trigger a meltdown because it still happens... it just means that it's become a matter of fact. It happens and I 'get over it'.

I guess that's why the therapist dXed me the way he did stating that to him, though I have sensory issues and circumscribed interests to a high degree in addition to the issues with socialization, it seemed like I was managing to work around and cope in whatever ways that I had.

On the outside and in the way that I publicly project myself and the way he had perceived me to be, I'm generally 'together' with a 'hint of that quirkiness'. It doesn't mean that I don't struggle because I definitely do and it doesn't mean that HE won't support me as someone on the spectrum, it means -

Actually, I'm not sure what it means, but in thinking about your question, maybe THAT is what a SCD dX means as opposed to a PDD-NOS-type dX. Not his support or my family's support but other support?

All that said (sorry that was so long), your question gave me food for thought and yes, next time I see him, I will address this same question with him.

Thank you for asking it. :)