Going soon to a Neurologist..(possible seizures)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

JWS
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Aug 2014, 3:37 pm

to be tested to find out if I'm suffering from seizures, especially if I become very tired or exhausted.
Has anyone else ever had to be tested for seizures because of a strange "zzztt, zztt, sound in their head? Or strange, unexpected movements? If so, please tell me about it!

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2014, 7:12 pm

I'm trying to do that now, but I have months until I see the actual neurologist, so I'm still dealing with primary care, who seem to have no idea what to do. I have those involuntary movements and strange sensations like warm water flowing over my scalp. I also told the doctor that I have migraines.

The doctor sent me to get a CAT scan. It was normal, but then I was told that a CAT scan wouldn't really explain seizures, and the technician even asked me why I wasn't getting an MRI, so maybe I should be getting that instead? I'm waiting for my follow-up primary care appointment to find out what I should do next.

IncredibleFrog
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2014, 10:49 pm

I got a CAT scan and an MRI for my seizures, but both came back normal. Now we think it might be catalepsy related to narcolepsy.

JWS
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2014, 12:32 pm

I understand what you mean, starkid. I just learned my own appointment isn't until about the middle of next month. Kinda makes you feel like they don't much care, doesn't it? :( I'm scheduled to (eventually) have an EEG, and maybe more tests, but I don't know, yet. Here's hoping the best for both of us! :)

IncredibleFrog, I hope I don't have as much trouble getting a diagnosis as you seem to be having! Good luck with getting an accurate diagnosis, friend!