Page 53 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 291  Next

Fraz_2006
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Mar 2007, 12:56 pm

You Might be an Aspie if you cant stand getting your head touched.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2007, 1:00 pm

.............if when adding a buddy to a buddy list you put their wp name as the "friendly names" that show up in list instead of their aim user id

lau
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2007, 1:42 pm

NeoPlatonist wrote:
You've used your computer to calculate pi to a billion digits.... twice...

...and then you were bummed that no text editor you have can open a 1.3GB .txt file without crashing. I mean seriously Microsoft and Open Office Org, why did you have to drop the ball like that? You never know when someone will want to open a 370,000 page document.... :wink:

What you need for that is a proper OS, etc. I usually use "sed" to edit files that big. As in when I was editing the 3GByte xml output needed for the results when I did my 9-flups.

Anyway, YMBAAI you edit 3Gbyte files.

PS. Install Cygwin and you get "sed".

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2007, 6:37 pm

Lau wrote:
NeoPlatonist wrote:
You've used your computer to calculate pi to a billion digits.... twice...

...and then you were bummed that no text editor you have can open a 1.3GB .txt file without crashing. I mean seriously Microsoft and Open Office Org, why did you have to drop the ball like that? You never know when someone will want to open a 370,000 page document.... :wink:

What you need for that is a proper OS, etc. I usually use "sed" to edit files that big. As in when I was editing the 3GByte xml output needed for the results when I did my 9-flups.

Anyway, YMBAAI you edit 3Gbyte files.

PS. Install Cygwin and you get "sed".

YMBAAI you can read Lau's post and it actually makes sense! :lol:

lau
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2007, 7:51 pm

YMBAAI you are used to nobody understanding your posts.

OddCoyote
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2007, 7:57 pm

Aspiegirl89 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
OddCoyote wrote:
*You know your a aspie when you begin to think a perfectly normal word sounds like another launguage.

God, so glad I'm not the only one who gets this... I also get phases where I look at a word and it just looks so...wrong and strange

agreed! and I wonder abot the roots and meanings and why THAT PARTICULAR WORD was chosen to name the object that it does. Like why are noses noses? It's a random word; do you know anything close to "nose" that makes sense? no...

well, i can't explain my thought process, but it is quite exhausting once I hit one of those moments..lol.

Well I end up like thinking about a word and saying it and then I end up goini over the sounds of it and so I become amazed how odd it acually sounds.

Nightcry
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Mar 2007, 3:55 am

NoMore wrote:
You might be an Aspie if...

...you are determined to beat every one of the 1,000,000 levels of the computer card game Freecell - in order, from game number 1 - and are totally annoyed because while you are currently on game number 322, the little index card with number 169 written on it is staring at you, TAUNTING you, never letting you forget that so far you have encountered one level that you simply CANNOT BEAT!! !! !! !! !! ! :x

... If, on viewing the number 169, you go into your own world revising all possible factors of the number in spite the fact you can't concentrate on a single equation you're given in Maths class and absolutely detest the subject.

Nightcry
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Mar 2007, 4:09 am

OddCoyote wrote:
Aspiegirl89 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
OddCoyote wrote:
*You know your a aspie when you begin to think a perfectly normal word sounds like another launguage.

God, so glad I'm not the only one who gets this... I also get phases where I look at a word and it just looks so...wrong and strange

agreed! and I wonder abot the roots and meanings and why THAT PARTICULAR WORD was chosen to name the object that it does. Like why are noses noses? It's a random word; do you know anything close to "nose" that makes sense? no...

well, i can't explain my thought process, but it is quite exhausting once I hit one of those moments..lol.

Well I end up like thinking about a word and saying it and then I end up goini over the sounds of it and so I become amazed how odd it acually sounds.

Oh yeah. This had my mind for hours once.
Circular.
Here's me going over and over in my head:
Circular... Circleuar... Cirluar... Circluar... <insert a good 10 more combinations here then repeat the process for the duration of the effect>

lau
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2007, 6:00 pm

YMBAAI the previous post suddenly made you think of parsnips.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Mar 2007, 6:07 pm

Lau wrote:

YMBAAI you spend the rest of the night wondering what do the sound and spelling of words
have to do with parsnips. :?: :? :?: :? :?: :?

lau
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2007, 6:18 pm

richie wrote:
Lau wrote:

YMBAAI you spend the rest of the night wondering what do the sound and spelling of words

You're quite right. That's going to be a problem, isn't it. Luckily.I'm going to have an early night, so it won't bother me for much longer. Sorry if I've rather spoilt everyone else's evening. :)

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Mar 2007, 6:27 pm

You are posting to BOTH threads "You Might be an Aspie If...."

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Mar 2007, 4:33 pm

Lau wrote:
richie wrote:
Lau wrote:

You're quite right. That's going to be a problem, isn't it. Luckily.I'm going to have an early night, so it won't bother me for much longer. Sorry if I've rather spoilt everyone else's evening. :)

Kept me awake all night!! ! :!: 8O :!: 8O

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 4:46 pm

...You start shouting when your housemate next door starts slamming wardrobe doors.
...You have to have all your things in neat little piles, yet don't clean for months
...You play the same song 8 times in a row and still want more of the elated sensation the notes give you.
...You start clapping your hands and stimming like mad when on the phone to someone
...You feel the urge to buy a new ps2 game every time you go out, even though you have 19 you haven't played yet. :lol:
...You go to the store and end up buying everything but the things you actually badly need.
...You leave little lists for yourself the night before you need to buy or do anything.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 4:52 pm

You're closely following the number of members as it nears 10,000...

lau
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 5:00 pm

YMBAAI you're wondering if the total number of posts is approaching 1,000,000.
YMBAAI you would be interested in knowing the average number of edits per post.
YMBAAI you have started blocking all animated avatars (they're just too distracting).