Page 232 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235 ... 291  Next

tonmeister
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2013, 2:32 pm

You have a full-on meltdown when you come home to find your CD shelf has been moved.
You argue with people by remaining completely dispassionate and pointing out the inconsistencies in their thinking, while watching them get increasingly annoyed and angry, all the while wondering what all the fuss is about.
You are almost completely immune to mainstream advertising. (Ads for computers, music gear, non-consumer electronics, etc., don't count, because those are ofter based around specs and information.)
You routinely walk into things because you're staring at the floor.
You have trouble recognizing faces, but you know the eye color of everyone in the room, which is odd because you don't look them in the eye when talking to them.
You don't pay attention to celebrities, but you know the biography of every member of the cast of the last film you watched, because you watched the credits, and having basically committed them to memory, you look them all up on Wikipedia, because of course you look up everything on Wikipedia.
At some point in your mid-twenties, you realized that most people drink at parties, some of which you would be expected to attend, and you realized that learning something about wine, beer, and cocktails would give you something to talk about when stuck at a party. ("Oh, I see you're drinking a Shiraz. Did you know that style of wine was originally made in Iran?")
You celebrated your 32nd birthday as your Goldenberg Variations birthday, and your 34th as your Fibonacci birthday.
You had to quit going grocery shopping for awhile, because you found yourself analyzing the Muzak.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 6:19 pm

You're the only kid in your class who is never invited to birthday parties

You have been misdiagnosed at least five times

Psychologists are of no help whatsoever or very little help

People keep saying "You're so...." (literal, serious, unusual, different..)

The unusual is their 'polite' way of saying weirdo, I think :(

You don't get compliments or hardly ever that is not strictly performance related eg feedback from music examiner - but there are no personal compliments.

You're the last to be picked for the team

You are told that you "love your own company" even when you are almost dying from loneliness

You realise that the only people who were nice to you wanted something or wanted to sell you something

You come to Wrong Planet and its the only place where you saw your experience really described

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 6:51 pm

...you think other members of your family have Aspergers too.

...people talk to you like you have the mentality of a 2-year-old.

...people who are nice to you, but don't say anything to you at all.

...people believe you are an egocentric, attention-seeking sociopath.

...you shout at people who compliment you.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 10:38 pm

... you are focused on one thing for a week or more straight then suddenly lose interest (I do this)

circular
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2013, 3:54 pm

B19 wrote:
Psychologists are of no help whatsoever or very little help

You come to Wrong Planet and its the only place where you saw your experience really described

That's how I feel too.

radiance
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jan 2013, 6:59 pm

...if you regularly quote a 600k-word fiction text.

Sauceball
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jan 2013, 7:02 pm

You won't shut up about everything you see.
(This frequently happens to me when I visit the city.)

SmoothBabyBottoms
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jan 2013, 7:06 pm

(deleted)

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 8:05 pm

When you laugh during innapropriate times esspecially when they say that's not funny!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Murderface
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2013, 12:08 am

When you have a conversation with someone that knows you but you can't remember the face or the name.
You use quotes from movies for most of a conversation.
You take a math test with no sratch paper and get one wrong answer because you misread it.

You are very likely an Aspie

LilFlo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Jan 2013, 10:24 am

... when one of your acquaintances, totally depressed, tells you that he has just witnessed that his ex girlfriend had lied and had a second life ; that he had found it out by searching her name on the web and saw an ad in a private selling website where she says that she's gonna move pretty soon and has to sell her Playstation, N64, Nintendo, Xbox... writing down her real address and phone number (totally ignored by the acquaintance)... AND you can't help answering : "how can someone sell its old consoles ? It's such a crime !" 8O

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 10:32 am

Funny, I thought the same as I was reading your post! :lol:

You might be an aspie, if someone has bad mood and asks you to cheer him up but you just make it worse by saying stuff like "It could be worse, just look at me, *insert several bad situations here*" not realising that person's mood was just downed even more by making him feel sorry for you. True story, just happened. :roll:

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 1:37 pm

...you get placed in isolation in prison - the other inmates look at it as a curse but you think it's a blessing.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 2:00 pm

You might be an aspie if you're the only one working while all of your coworkers are standing around talking and you don't mind because they aren't around you.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

LilFlo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Jan 2013, 2:04 pm

Sylvastor wrote:
Funny, I thought the same as I was reading your post! :lol:

You might be an aspie, if someone has bad mood and asks you to cheer him up but you just make it worse by saying stuff like "It could be worse, just look at me, *insert several bad situations here*" not realising that person's mood was just downed even more by making him feel sorry for you. True story, just happened. :roll:

Sadly I tend to do the same :roll: (though some people really complains for nothing and often to the wrong person... :?)

BornThisWay
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jan 2013, 8:25 pm

You might be an undiagnosed Dino-Aspie...
...if you were in the class of 1969 and made a tee shirt with '69' on it and become very confused when everyone pointed and snickered at you when you wore to school...And then when someone bothered to explain it, you still liked the shirt because you found the of the design symmetry of the numbers rather elegant.

true story :roll: